Unusable on UN60KU6300

cfox10

cfox10

Converting all of my devices over to Emby as I would like to support the community and I enjoy the interface.

Unfortunately the Tizen version of the application is (for my model at least) unusable to say the least.

• My media collection is large (Nearly 2k movies, mostly HD) which I know plays a part in the issue ~ I hate to mention Plex, but it handled this collection with no issue whatsoever.
  • I don't have the option to sort by release date like I do on the Android version of the Software
  • I'm able to navigate through TV shows, and other smaller collections however it's extremely slow and falls behind when clicking the navigation buttons. After enough scrolling it completely times out and causes the TV to stop responding and requires a full shut down.

If I'm able to provide any further information to help resolve these issues I'd be glad to.

SamES

There's a setting under General->Default Skin in the app called 'Dim unselected posters'.  Enabling this makes navigation horrendously slow.  If you are seeing slow navigation this is possibly why.  Please make sure it is disabled.

Scrub that, I think the setting has already been removed (but just check to be sure)

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1

cfox10

There's a setting under General->Default Skin in the app called 'Dim unselected posters'.  Enabling this makes navigation horrendously slow.  If you are seeing slow navigation this is possibly why.  Please make sure it is disabled.

Scrub that, I think the setting has already been removed (but just check to be sure)

Yeah, no setting available for this. I'll likely see if we can't pick up an Android box as it runs much better (at least on my phone for the moment)

We have a Roku (original one) but I'm afraid that it will be awful as well.

It can't be a hardware limitation though, seeing as the gamefly streaming works great and Plex is very smooth. Hopefully we can get this fixed/figured out.

How would I upload a log file from the client?

For the second bullet point, we will be adding sorting features in a future update. thanks.

• Like 1

cfox10

For the second bullet point, we will be adding sorting features in a future update. thanks.

Look forward to it.

Is their anything I can do to fix the speed/loading? It times out and freezes my TV to the point I have to constantly unplug it and power it back on.

cfox10

Would like to bump this topic.

It seems to be a hardware acceleration issue with this particular model from what I've gathered.