pin connect (emby connect)

mathandhive

mathandhive

Hey guys, Updated the app on the xbox, now me and others cant pin connect the app to the servers, just wont have it at all :( stays on the emby pin screen

Hi there @, can you please describe the issue in a little more detail? is there an error message? What actions are you taking?

Also, please confirm if you are talking about Emby for WMC on an extender (Xbox 360) or our Emby Theater app on an Xbox One.

Thanks.

mathandhive

hi guys sorry i wasnt very clear my bad, its emby theater app on xbox one, when i try to pin someone via emby connect (upon first installing the app) when i enter the pin pn the emby pin page in browser, the xbox app (theater) doesnt go to the next page like it usually does, it just stays on the page showing the numerical pin. ive uninstalled the app and reinstalled a few times to try, those of us with the app already on the box from before are still connected ok, but fresh installs wont let us emby connect pin the device. i hope that makes more sense

Ozzy69

The issue is that when you start emby on Xbox one, you are provided with a pin to connect to emby server. When the pin is entered, the Xbox one app does not appear to accept or pick up authentication. If the edge browser is used, the pin acknowledge is accepted and connects to the server.

• Like 1

mathandhive

The issue is that when you start emby on Xbox one, you are provided with a pin to connect to emby server. When the pin is entered, the Xbox one app does not appear to accept or pick up authentication. If the edge browser is used, the pin acknowledge is accepted and connects to the server.

ill have a go now

mathandhive

it requires sign in or add server manually, i need it pin really as i dont wanna give the deets to people lol 

Ozzy69

If you sign in with your Xbox live account is setup with emby server and browse to tv.Emby.media on the edge browser on the Xbox it does work with pin.

Please note this is not a solution, I am merely trying to provide information to demonstrate an issue with the Xbox one app.

• Like 1

cfox10

Are you running the Xbox insider preview program?

I am not running the Xbox insider preview program.

When adding a device via pin it automatically proceeds to the next screen, allowing access to the server.

The Xbox One Application doesn't proceed to the next portion as normal, instead it just sits at the generate pin/manually enter server information screen.

No errors are given.

When adding via pin in the edge browser everything works as it should.

If you would like I can record a short clip highlighting the issue.

mathandhive

Thanks, I have an idea what the issue is.

if anyone can, u can...look forward to the fix luke (we hope lol) :) 

mathandhive

just updated the app, seems to be working pin wise again, thanks for the response and the speed in sorting it luke 

• 11 months later...