Vertical View Problem - Not all movies showing

Team-Manimal
Go to solution Solved by Team-Manimal,

Team-Manimal

Emby Theatre Version 2.5.38

Since the introduction of the vertical view in movies I cannot scroll down my movie list past those movies starting with K (I have 2000+ movies)

I can see all my movies okay in the web app.

There was similar problem with the horizontal view around the time Emby Theatre was released.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks

PS. Feature request – please can we have the ability to ‘sort’ movies by release date back ASAP? (i.e. similar to the web app?) as this is servery missed since the view went from Horizontal to Vertical.

Jobber8742

Same issue here. I have about 1300 movies and can't get past S. I also used the release date view quite often and would like it back, but this quantity limitation is a much more pressing issue right now because I have no way to watch the movies past that point. 

Edited by Jobber8742

Jobber8742

What if you hit one of the letters on the letter bar?

It repeats random previous letters. I can get to S. When I hit T, it shows me the A's. When I hit U, it shows me the M's, etc.

blade005

It repeats random previous letters. I can get to S. When I hit T, it shows me the A's. When I hit U, it shows me the M's, etc.

I could be wrong, but I thought the behavior I was seeing when I hit T and it jumped back to A was that it was going back to the first entry that had THE as a prefix and then followed with an A. It didn't seem to be ignoring THE, A, AN prefixes in titles.

Team-Manimal

Most of the letter bar seletions after K, just show the movies beginning  with K, i.e the last movies that Emby will show in my movies list.

Pressing 'L' in the letters bar shows movies beginning with 'B'

Pressing 'P' in the letters bar shows movies beginning with 'A' 

Additionally sometimes when I start Emby Theatre the search and user icons at the top right of the screen do not show and I have to close then restart Emby theatre once or twice to get them to re-appear.

Jobber8742

The letters are no longer jumping, but now it just cuts off at S. It's going to be a major problem for people with moderate sized libraries if you can have more that 600-700 movies.

nicko84

Hello,

Same issue.

I can't access to all movies after "S", choosing a letter in the alphabet left bar or scrolling down among the movies.

A little bit anoing !

Edited by nicko84

mws1047

Appreciate that this issue is being investigated. FWIW, I get a different outcome on different clients.  Off the same server, with one ET I can scroll to C only when using desktop.  On another only to E.  On the one only able to scroll to E on a desktop, when presenting to the TV it will scroll to L.  Both scrolling and selecting letters past L produces no response. My display settings are set to Auto

wex101

My wife is about to murder me over this bug. She can't get to her Twilights! Maybe if she'd learn to use a search bar :)

crazybbs

Guys, to help you while luke resolve the problem, you could install the plugin another users did to enable date added in movies tab, this plugin still use the old horizontal view

Added paging to Movies. channel up/down should work as well.

@@Nick - in ET go to Settings->Installed Plugins. Click Install Plugin->Install from URL. Paste the url https://davidtjudd.github.io/emby-web-davidskin/package.json in the textbox and click OK. Go back to Settings->Display. Set the Skin to David's Skin.

Not sure about the ClearArt. Wouldn't ClearArt and DiscImages make more sense on the OSD? I think that's how most of the Kodi skins use it.

Edited by crazybbs

• Solution
Team-Manimal

Emby Theatre Version 2.5.38

Since the introduction of the vertical view in movies I cannot scroll down my movie list past those movies starting with K (I have 2000+ movies)

I can see all my movies okay in the web app.

There was similar problem with the horizontal view around the time Emby Theatre was released.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks

PS. Feature request – please can we have the ability to ‘sort’ movies by release date back ASAP? (i.e. similar to the web app?) as this is servery missed since the view went from Horizontal to Vertical.

Emby Theatre Version 2.5.39 seems to have fixed the problem...  many thanks :)