chromecast unable to connect to server

Rob051188

Rob051188

Hi all,

I am trying to cast videos to the chromecast, but I get the following error: "chromecast unable to connect to server". I am also not able to connect to the emby server via the iOS app. What can be the issue here? Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Hi @@Rob051188, it sounds like even though your mobile device is able to connect to your Chromecast, your Chromecast is not able to connect to your Emby Server. Since you're unable to connect from iOS, let's look at that first.

I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know what succeeds and what fails. Thanks !

Rob051188

Hi Luke,

Tahnks for your response, but I already went through the troubleshooter, but couldn't fix it. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

mastrmind11

Hi Luke,

Tahnks for your response, but I already went through the troubleshooter, but couldn't fix it. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Can you connect to the server via browser?

mastrmind11

Yes, on my laptop where the server is located I can access via my browser.

How about the browser on your iPhone?  Or another browser on your network that isn't your server...

mastrmind11

Well if it's only working on localhost:8096, there's an issue w/ your network.  Are you using the proper IP address in the apps?  Have you tried Emby Connect?

Hi Luke,

Hi, this is the important part:

Please try the steps listed there and let us know what succeeds and what fails

Thanks !