[Solved] Anime Metadata Plugin Broken

UU3

Solution: Grab from plugin catalog, since the latest changes have been published.

The plugin does not automatically identify any series.

The plugin successfully fetches the animetitles.xml, and the anime-list.xml, and also fetches the series from anidb.net and places it into the cache/anidb/series/{aid} folder on scan/identify by name/aid. However it never identifies the series!

1. Create folder called "Strike the Blood"

2. Scan library

3. Check for "cache\anidb\series\9772"

4. Open the library and you will see it has not identified the series, but it has all the required information.

5. Manually identify with AniDB Id "9772" and you will get no results. (If you use the name to identify it the results are not for anidb and you will not have an anidb.net source under the name)

Note: If you identify by name/aid the aid will get fetched and placed into the cache/anidb/series/{aid} folder but it will not be in the identify results.

Other Issue: The plugin is not listed under my plugins where you could configure it in like MB2.

Create any series from http://anidb.net/api/animetitles.xml and try for yourself.

Emby Version 3.2.5.0 - Windows & FreeBSD Tested

Line 51: it could be trying to read animetitles.xml/titles.xml but im not sure.
Line 642, 964, 1001: Automatic identification of the series "Danganronpa" Failed
Line 1042, 1083: Automatic identification of the series "gargantia" Failed
Line 1125, 1166: Automatic identification of the series "hal" Failed
... more series tests in other logs

03-01-2017_EmbyAnimeError.txt

Edited by UU3

Hi, the Anime plugin is a community addition and we're hoping someone might like to get involved in helping to bring it up to speed - @@reggi, @@chef, @@nxenos83

Apart from that the core team will jump in when we're not tied down with core server features. Thanks !

reggi

I currently do not have any anime on my server, but I can try to get it fixed over the weekend.

Really not promising anything because I got my hands full with bug fixing the statistics plugin at the moment :)

• Like 1

I currently do not have any anime on my server, but I can try to get it fixed over the weekend.

Really not promising anything because I got my hands full with bug fixing the statistics plugin at the moment :)

Looks like it is all good, the updated code is on github and was not published.

reggi

Haaa ok, super :)

I didn't refresh the page when I posted my comment so didn't see Luke's reply.

Hi,

The only part of plugin i noticed what works is detection and recognizing series, but it doesn't recognize episode data.

Tried fixing it, but that didn't get me anything.

Noticed that episode data were properly downloaded and sorted in cache, also for longer series, over 100, separates first digit as season.

I use standard anime filenames [group] anime - 01 [quality].

If anything could you point me to right direction in solution where i should be looking to try fix this, tried uncommenting certain parts and repairing error to work but still didn't find episode data.

And what of IItemIdentityProvider<> and IItemIdentityConverter<> i know they are deprecated but with what were they replaced.

Hi,

The only part of plugin i noticed what works is detection and recognizing series, but it doesn't recognize episode data.

Tried fixing it, but that didn't get me anything.

Noticed that episode data were properly downloaded and sorted in cache, also for longer series, over 100, separates first digit as season.

I use standard anime filenames [group] anime - 01 [quality].

If anything could you point me to right direction in solution where i should be looking to try fix this, tried uncommenting certain parts and repairing error to work but still didn't find episode data.

And what of IItemIdentityProvider<> and IItemIdentityConverter<> i know they are deprecated but with what were they replaced.

If you look at AniDbSeriesProvider.cs ParseEpisodes the information is not being used. I could probably add this feature but I'm currently lacking free time or if you feel like doing it feel free to send it over.

I also re-added tags support back again in my own build, and added additional GenreMappings and GenresAsTags to GenreHelper.cs since my library is primarily anime.

Edited by UU3

If you look at AniDbSeriesProvider.cs ParseEpisodes the information is not being used. I could probably add this feature but I'm currently lacking free time or if you feel like doing it feel free to send it over.

I also re-added tags support back again in my own build, and added additional GenreMappings and GenresAsTags to GenreHelper.cs since my library is primarily anime.

Yes, i saw that it was the only part that i couldn't fix, all other code i managed to fix. From where did episodes.Add(info); in line 278 come from it wasn't declared anywhere. And if all episode parsing is done in AniDbSeriesProvider.cs whats the point of AniDbEpisodeProvider.cs.

Do you have any github so i could see your changes?

Yes, i saw that it was the only part that i couldn't fix, all other code i managed to fix. From where did episodes.Add(info); in line 278 come from it wasn't declared anywhere. And if all episode parsing is done in AniDbSeriesProvider.cs whats the point of AniDbEpisodeProvider.cs.

Do you have any github so i could see your changes?

When you scan a series it will run AniDbEpisodeProvider.cs but it will not return any metadata, I haven't really had a good look around just yet. And I'm also new to this, hopefully someone experienced can chip in.

Sure I will create a repo later today with my modifications.

If you look inside the logs it will say this during the series scan/refresh.

"Debug App: Running AniDbEpisodeProvider for /path/to/anime/season/episode.mp4"

"Debug App: AniDbEpisodeProvider returned no metadata for ..."

We know MetadataService.cs calls AniDbEpisodeProvider.cs so there is definitely something missing from AniDbEpisodeProvider.cs.

Edited by UU3

@sormy 

Hmm Im looking back at the older Anime plugin and there is a lot of code that is not commented out when compared to the Newer one. This is probably what is doing it, since it will return an empty list.

If you could try to go down the list and uncomment the code and see what happens that would be great.

this commit is what disabled it, maybe @@Luke can give some insight why.

Edited by UU3

It's commented out because it won't compile anymore with the latest nuget packages for the server.