Server - Bug in parental rating filtering at some screens

anderbytes

anderbytes

Hi, I'd like to report a bug that, for me, is something critical.

I decided today to make a detailed review of every PG (BR-L here in Brazil), of my media, and gave access to my kids, so I could be sure that they would only see stuff that are related to their needs.

It happens that some items came with "PG" but I had to manually change them to something higher (more forbidden), because I don't agree with what the producers tagged. So I used the "Custom rating" in "Edit Info" of each of those items.

When I look at the "Movies" list inside Emby... the "false" PG movies are not displayed. PERFECT.

BUT... Some views like "Because you watched...", "Latest Movies...", etc... don't respect that. WRONG

I need this fixed, please!

Thanks

Can you show us a specific example?

Are you sure the items showing up aren't from some other source like maybe a trailer or something where it doesn't actually have a rating?

anderbytes

I don't have trailers.

There were actual movies with PG, and inside Edit Info I put higher parental custom rating.

They don't appear now at full listing. But they do appear at those "dynamic" lists.

The only reason I believe this bug exists is because those dynamic lists are kind of recent, and few people may use those custom ratings.

anderbytes

Here we have BR-L and BR-ages... Like BR-10, BR-12, etc...

I've set like 20 movies to lots of different ratings, all of them appeared where they shouldn't.

Tonight I'll post pictures.

Can't you reproduce it ?

anderbytes

Yes please post some screenshots. Thanks !

That's weird Luke... now I'm the one who can't reproduce the issue.

But I believe I know what happened. Just after I edited the custom ratings... the suggestions were reflecting the pre-edited scenario, as if some library scan had to rebuild the suggestions index.

Now... passed an entire day, the suggestions list seems to be correct.

I don't really know what can be done to improve Emby in this matter... that's with you.

I'm satisfied for now, just need to rescan after important changes like that.

wedgekc

If I remember correctly, I have had a similar issue.  After, changing a rating or adding a custom rating it was not applied until I did a refresh "Search for missing meta data" for the movie and then everything would be correctly applied based on the user settings.

anderbytes

Where did you set the rating? on an episode or the series?

I was not editing series, only movies.