emby API

mrmc

I'd like to verify that some host:port is actually an emby server.

Currently using the path  "emby/system/info/public" and while it works, looking for something that does not require emby database look ups. In other words, fast.

Angelblue05

I'd like to verify that some host:port is actually an emby server.

Currently using the path  "emby/system/info/public" and while it works, looking for something that does not require emby database look ups. In other words, fast.

I think emby/system/info/public is the way to go. That's usually the page called to verify the validity of the address.

@@Luke , @@ebr

I think I ran into a bug, or it could be intended behaviour ... I'll try to explain.

we listen to websocket for an info on changed state of the items and fetch new info for it... so far so good...

one issue we have run into is that when the full show is marked as watched we do not see the ID for the show(series) being sent via websocket, I see ID for every episode and ID for every season being marked as "Updated" but we are missing the tvshow(series) ID.

could you confirm that this is intended behaviour or have we run into a bug?

thanks

amet

Edited by amet

@@amet - for user data changes you want to be listening to UserDataChanged messages. When you watch something the library item itself does not change or get updated.

If you do happen to be seeing library item update events, it is probably due to enabling syncing watch data to nfo's in nfo metadata settings. In this scenario the user data change triggers a metadata save.

@@Luke

I am listening to "UserDataChanged" and I am getting a correct info that show(series) has been marked watched, or rather that all items in the show have been marked watched... issues I am seeing is that TvShow ID is not in that message

https://pastebin.com/gRKQhUac

^^ this is for the show that has 3 season folders and 21 episode in total... I have tested each ID individually and it corresponds with season/show. the one thats missing is ID for the actual show

here is a show info https://pastebin.com/5WpD0yGL , as you can see ID  835f59f4146cd385d6580de38fc1d45e is not in the list of changed items.

edit to clarify

Edited by amet

With user data, you get the user data key, which won't be the same as the show id. when you retrieve an item you have UserData.Key, so you can use that to cross check.

I think we are not understanding each other, in webui if I mark the entire show "Watched" ... I receive the message via websocket that "UserDataChanged" has changed and it contains all items from the show(all season folders IDs and all episodes IDs) but its not sending over the show ID.. 

Well, the show itself doesn't actually have a watched status.  That is inferred from the state of all of its contents.

However, any one of the other items should also give you a path to the ID of the containing show.

Finally, perhaps we should back up and ask what you are actually trying to accomplish here as maybe there is another way...

Ok yea probably because it is all media driven and the watch data of the show is derived based on the contained media.

I suppose we might be able to send a message about it, we'd have to look into it.

@@ebr

If you look in https://pastebin.com/5WpD0yGL you will see that show itself has watched tag and it's true ... I know we can get that info by getting a show ID from episode and parsing the info but that would require more hits to the server.

What we are trying to achieve is change the watched status for the specific show based on web socket info without having to reload all shows in the list

@@Luke

Great, thanks for looking into it

Yeah, I know the API will deliver that data but, internally, it isn't stored anywhere.  It is derived.  So that's why you aren't currently seeing it in the messages.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there icons/images available for servers ? I see users icons but showing the actual user/owner icon for a shared source seems a little odd. 

Are there icons/images available for servers ? I see users icons but showing the actual user/owner icon for a shared source seems a little odd. 

Not at the moment but it's been on my to do list for a long time, so it's planned.

Thanks for the help. We seems to have something solid now. Time for gpig testing (TestFlight series) to round out the corner issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

MrMC v3.0.3 is rolling out now with native Emby client support. Thanks for the API help, now we see what corner cases we missed :)

I'll leave it up to you guys to decide if post demand warrants the addition of MrMC in your 'Emby Apps' section.

Thanks again

Awesome, thanks ! Do you have any screenshots? Will you have an announcement on your blog?

None as yet, We don't really have a blog yet on our site. On the list you might say :)

We might do a top level post with screenshots. But aside from the settings, it looks just like normal library mode using smb/nsf/etc . Look and feel are defined by the selected skin.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...