Chocolate Changes - Some Observations...

moviefan

moviefan

Few things I noticed about some of the chocolate changes today..

- All of the menu items in Chocolate views menu that say Show Logos or Show End time reference Thumb View for their description instead of the actual section that they are under.  I am guessing just a copy and paste happened here?

- Looks like you added the ability to show descriptions in coverflow view, which is a nice option, but not crazy about how it restricts the available size of the poster images.  I liked being able to maximize the posters in coverflow view but now when they get to a certain size instead of getting bigger on the screen it it jumps down and cuts off half the poster, regardless of whether Details is selected or not..  It would be nice if there were some way to have it fill the screen again.

52f30718f0baf_coverflowsmall.png

If you do have the description selected and it is a long description it gets covered by the other posters.  Not sure if there is a good way around it but it looks a bit weird I think

52f309cb77bcb_coverflowtext.png

moviefan

Dont know what is going on with those white blotches.  They arent on the sreenshot I uploaded looks like the forums server added that in during the transfer.

1) Not a copy/paste thing but something must be duplicately named.  I'll chase it down.

2) I'll see if anything can be done about that.

3) I'll see about this too but I'm less worried about it since we need some reasonable space for the description.

moviefan

3.0.3.5 should take care of your issues.

I see that the menu descriptions were changed in 3.0.3.5

Looks like you made two other changes - the Coverflow icons can now reach a size of 465 before they are cutoff like before which is nicer.  At 485 they are still cutoff like in the above picture but more of the screen is used now.

Also, now when descriptions are enabled and the size is greater than 445, all of the cover images disappear and this really becomes more of a backdropflow view, but it doesn't prevent the description from being blocked.  Now it seems to be cutoff by some invisible line on the screen.

52f3c4676ce82_hunger.png

Would it be possible to at least leave the currently selected item's cover displaying while disappearing the rest instead so they dont cover the description?  Or maybe show the current item and the ones to the right as well so there is still a bit of a breadcrumb trail and you can see other options, but the ones on the left which were covering the description are not there?

The fact that the images disappear is just the really poor way that MCML (Media Center) reacts to items that are too big to display in the allotted space.  Just about every view will have some sort of issue like this if you make the covers too large to fit.

With the description enabled, you simply cannot make the covers any larger than that.  Pick your poison - either I let them cover the description, or we have this display problem.

I think allowing the covers to go over the description is preferable to them just disappearing so I'm going to go back to that.