updated to 3.0.117.0, now nothing works

bmoses

Hello,

I updated one of my HTPC to 3.0.117.0 tonight and when it got done updating and relaunched MBC and came up to a screen to select a profile but there were no profiles listed. I closed out of the program and went to go to the configurator and it errors out with a critical error. If i close the error all the options in the configurator are blank and if i try to click on something it comes up with the windows error screen about checking for a solution online.

I then tried to update MPC on my laptop, same issue. I then tried to update MPC on my main PC that is also running the server (version 3.0.5135.31685), again same issue. Here is the snipit from the configurator log with the error that displays when launching it.

2014-02-05 09:13:14.2261,Error,,Error Starting up ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=Configurator Method=Initialize Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at Configurator.MainWindow.Initialize() [n]    at Configurator.MainWindow..ctor() ),1,

i've tried searching and am not finding any solutions, tried uninstalling, deleting all instances of DLLs i could find, re-installing and still nothing. i would think if it was some kind of botched install it wouldn't have happened on 3 separate computers. I've attached a couple of logs to this too.

Thanks!

Configurator-522014873881e8d870427ab4e77d24340969cb.log

MBClassic-522014be9917ab15e5455d85bfcd1ed5d663aa.log

MBClassic-Msi.log

Migration-52201494a4e69909134628b8853c21b226c22d.log

Are all of your user profiles on your server marked as Hidden?

i only have 1 user profile that i use on all HTPC and apparently it was set to hidden. no idea how that happened and i didn't touch anything on the server side when i updated the clients. i'm assuming something changed with the update that it doesn't like hidden profiles? i changed the profile to not be hidden and the configurator launches without error now and i can make changes to the config and save it.

i tried launching MBC on my main PC that has the server on it and its at the "welcome back screen" but it just sits there with the dots going across. i'm at work now and remoted in to my PC through teamviewer, not sure if thats affecting it loading or not.

Prior to 117 MBC was not honoring the hidden user setting. 

I've added a check that will give you a message if no users are available instead of just crashing.