Scan media library not completing

LurchZA

LurchZA

Hi Luke,

I've disabled all music related metadata, and also removed the music library for now.

Started a new scan so will give it some time and see.

Thanks

I happened to be sitting on the machine that my server is running on, and I noticed that the notification came up in the bottom left corner about new content as usual, and one of the items it was showing, strangely, was "New artist: Erasure" but the only location that would be is in my music (I am 100% sure of this), which is completely removed from Emby at the moment.

Is there perhaps a database that is still trying to complete even though I have removed the library?

If so, is it something I could just delete and let rebuild? (I don't care if I have to re-mark watched content and so on, it needs to be done anyway after the fresh install)

EDIT: I see I have a folder (%appdata%\Emby-Server\metadata) with a library subfolder.

This folder has 258 folders, and only 6 files.

The folder was created ‎Tuesday, ‎28 ‎February ‎2017, ‏‎13:09:53 (Which was the day I did the fresh install so I assume it was created during setup) but was last modified at 00:51 today.

My metadata for all libraries is set to "Save artwork and metadata into media folders"

Could it maybe be that the metadata is getting 'confused' as to where it should write?

Also, on a clean install, should the metadata that is local be recognised as first source and then anything incomplete should be pulled from the internet, or is it going to check everything from the net and replace?

Edited by LurchZA