Music video setup

roberthleeii

roberthleeii

I would like to set up my music videos to play on Emby but can't find a logical way to get them to work. I would like to treat them like regular music files that just have the added benefit of playing the video but I can't get that to work. I don't have any actual music in Emby (I usually use google or Pandora for that right now). I want to be able to select music videos, artists, albums, and/or playlists of music videos to play during get-togethers at my house. My imagination pictures those music channels but with video and I can choose what I want to play and randomize it...

Happy2Play

I haven't done to much testing, but music videos somewhat appear just like movies and you can add artist and album to the music videos metadata.  What exact issues are you having?

roberthleeii

From my trying to figure it out: You can set up whatever kind of folder structure you want but it is just that a structure and there is no way intelligently sort through the artists, albums or names unless you want to explore your folder structure you set up for each video you want to play. you cannot even select multiple items to play or add to playlist. I guess it would be nice to be able to sort by artist or album and be able to select multiple items.

Happy2Play

Every item can be added to a playlist at item level or there is a multi-select interface by holding left click.

You have to manually add Artists and Albums to each video, then you are able to select a item then select the Artist hyperlink.  Haven't messed with Album.  Since there are no real metadata providers for Music Videos it on you to attempt to provide all the linking via metadata.

58b36a9377857_mv.jpg

58b36aa9d05cc_info.jpg

58b36bbed32d0_item.jpg

58b36b419a885_artist1.jpg

roberthleeii

I have gone through and added the artist info bit never found where the show up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

I have gone through and added the artist info bit never found where the show up

Look at my third image.  You have to enter into a item menu (select a video you edited).

Edited by Happy2Play

roberthleeii

How do you get to that page? I don't have my music on Emby so there is no place to see a list of artists....

Happy2Play

Select any video you have added Artist to and you should see the hperlink I have highlighed in the third image.

Rumbaar

How do you get to that page? I don't have my music on Emby so there is no place to see a list of artists....

What library type have you created your Music Videos under?  I'll assume Music Videos type?

roberthleeii

Select any video you have added Artist to and you should see the hperlink I have highlighed in the third image.

That does nothing to help...

roberthleeii

What library type have you created your Music Videos under? I'll assume Music Videos type?

Yes music video. I have tried others, but right now they are music videos

Happy2Play

That does nothing to help...

So are you saying Artist does not appear on the Videos you have added a Artist to?

roberthleeii

Yes it does but that does nothing to help I am already in that artists folder I created

Happy2Play

Folder structure means nothing to Emby for Music Videos.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Once Artists are added via metadata you can search or select a video then Artist to bring up all videos you have added Artist to in a Artist View.

The you can shuffle or instant mix that artist.  Otherwise you have to create you own playlists of any video you like with add to playlist via each items menu options or using the multi-select menu to add multiple videos available that are currently available on the screen.

roberthleeii

Folder structure means nothing to Emby for Music Videos.

Actually you can organize them in a folder structure but yes it does not pull any meta data.