Emby stays up for only two days in a row and then crashes

kaynemo

kaynemo

I've been knocking my head on the wall, but after two, max three days running on Mac mini El Capitan, Emby just crashes. It sits in the taskbar, but is not operational, clicking the icon, completely closes the service. I would really like it to stay on for a longer time then that. Any ideas ?

kaynemo

Hey Luke, I cannot find where the logs are located... The link you supplied deals with windows machines. Could you point me to the location of log files on MAC os X? I did try to google it, but couldn't find the answer. Sorry.

kaynemo

Ok, restarted emby to get to logs through the web console. Here are the logs. Hope this helps ! I really really like the system and if it becomes as solid as my linux box file server, I will definitely buy the lifetime subscription, but if it crashes every two days, then I will have to wait.

serverLog1.rtf

serverLog2.rtf

You can get the full logs from the Emby panel, but maybe you copy and pasted before they finished loading, not sure.

kaynemo

Hey Luke ! Well the last two updates certainly did wonders, until the server completely crashed and I can't get it to work again. More then that trying to remove it, reboot and then reinstall, doesn't do anything.

Please help ! I can't find where the config files and logs are hidden in mac os x....

kaynemo

Ok, an update overtheweekend - i did manage to correctly reinstall the app, more then that, luckily, all settings returned and I didn't have to reset all of that. It has been up and running for three days in the row. Thank you for the location of the logs, will keep that in mind.

Try going into library setup and turning off the realtime monitor for each library. See if that makes a difference, thanks.

kaynemo

Hey Luke ! did that - the server is up for now, going to monitor it. Just out of the blue, I've got two questions:

1. What does the emby server stability rely on ? Proc power or rather RAM amount and should 4 GB of RAM be sufficient?

2. Would you say the system is more stable when on Mac Os X (overall) or if I move it to Debian ?

Thanks for all your help btw

I'm not sure this is an issue of resources but possibly an issue in the mono runtime. Yes Debian could potentially be more stable. Thanks.

kaynemo

Just updated to 3.2.7 Mac os app. It works, but I am sorta experiencing a little lag transcoding video. Still lookoing for a decent box to run a debian version (i've tried an Athlon based gig and it sucks, needs more horse power). Question: I have a macmini gig (late 2012) 2,3 Ghz Intel Core i7with 4Gb of RAM and Intel HD Graphics 4000 - should the intel hardware acceleration work ? Thanks for all your work !

I think so but we might need a newer ffmpeg. You could try grabbing a build from here and configure it under the Transcoding menu:

http://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/

Please note, this page has ffmpeg and ffprobe as separate downloads so you would need both. Thanks.