MB Classic - Chocolate - List View

lja

Try all of the different backdrop options in the 4:3 section of the chocolate config.  I'm pretty sure WMC is reporting your screen as non-widescreen since it isn't at least 1.78:1.

When I forced WMC into 4:3 mode I was able to make the backdrop work properly by fiddling with those options

Tried all the options in 4:3 section of chocolate config. No change. Why did it work in v: 3.0.2.11?

3.0.2.11 was a long, long, time ago - before I added all of the new functionality.  A whole lot has changed so I'm not positive what has affected this but it is limited to odd screen resolutions obviously.

Can you please try installing 3.0.3.2 and then 3.0.3.3 and see at which version the problem occurs?

I suspect it will be 3.0.3.2 and it is somehow related to the addition of the tool tip on the button bug.

No, actually, it may be the implementation of the larger poster on the List view.  That makes more sense.

Can you please try installing 3.0.3.2 and then 3.0.3.3 and see at which version the problem occurs?

I suspect it will be 3.0.3.2 and it is somehow related to the addition of the tool tip on the button bug.

No, actually, it may be the implementation of the larger poster on the List view.  That makes more sense.

Where would I find those?

Start the configurator, Plugins->More Plugins Select "Show all Versions" install the indicated version.

But still, I can make the backdrop go under the list if I force my WMC window to 4:3 but as soon as I tell Chocolate to "Fit" the backdrop - it works fine:

52f3bf6749985_mbc43.png

How do you have your monitor setup in WMC settings?  Maybe changing those options will force it to work properly.

I tried the 4:3 setting in MC but that made no difference for me. By the way the 3.0.3.1 is working in MB Classic 117.

To try 3.0.3.2 on the PC that has MBClassic 122. Do I have to revert to 117?

On the machine that works in list view, do you still get the weird display in the config page (with the top and bottom items squished and not where they should be)?

On the machine that works in list view, do you still get the weird display in the config page (with the top and bottom items squished and not where they should be)?

I will check this out. However I tried 3.0.3.1. It worked. Then did not see 3.0.3.2 listed and tried 3.0.3.3 which did not work.

The screen is the same as previously shown.

The screen is the same as previously shown.

Okay, so that means that WMC is just having trouble laying things out on your odd resolution.  Since I cannot reproduce the problem I can't fix it and I don't want to back off any of the changes that were made because they work well in normal situations.

So, I've added an option under the list view to show a background under the list.  It won't fix the backdrop but it will make it so that you can see the items in the list.

Please download this version of Chocolate and ensure that it works for you.  Thanks.

Okay, so that means that WMC is just having trouble laying things out on your odd resolution.  Since I cannot reproduce the problem I can't fix it and I don't want to back off any of the changes that were made because they work well in normal situations.

So, I've added an option under the list view to show a background under the list.  It won't fix the backdrop but it will make it so that you can see the items in the list.

Please download this version of Chocolate and ensure that it works for you.  Thanks.

Sorry I missed that.I can now read the text. Thanks. However would that affect the size on the posters? They now appear larger.

The poster in that particular view was made larger a few revs ago by request.  They were way too small before.

The poster in that particular view was made larger a few revs ago by request.  They were way too small before.

OK. A long name goes over the poster. Is that intended? Will post image if required.

@ebr: I think I will revert to v3.0.3.1 as this version works. Will keep checking for new versions in case they work. Thanks.

Edited by lja

OK. A long name goes over the poster. Is that intended? Will post image if required.

Now I remember why the poster was smaller  :mellow: