Compatible Samsung Smart TV's?

KayJay

I'm after getting a TV for my daughters bedroom that has the App Store and Emby app available to work on it. I've found a T32E390SX for quite cheap but I want to make sure Emby will work on there as that's the only reason I'm buying it, so I don't have to have a Roku or any other device to access my media, just the TV and an Ethernet cable. Many thanks to anyone that replies!

FrostByte

Samsung manual is on this page:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LT32E390SX/XU/

I think it's a 2015, but a very low end model.  That model number doesn't quite fit the typical model numbers like in that table in the link.

According to what I see in the manual it may fall around some of the low end J-series tvs (the manual also mentions J63xx models).  I don't see any mention of the word Tizen though, so I wouldn't guarantee anything because there are some low end J-series tvs which we know were Orsay still

However, it is a Smart TV (they do make some non-Smart tvs still), so one or the other app MAY work with it

Either way, I assume he's not in the US and would not see the app in the store even if it was Tizen.  Unless he does the super secret work around Abo did with his ;)

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciating it. Wow I didn't know it was that old of a TV set. My next question then would be, what TV should I get then?

All I'm after is a smart TV that has a dedicated Emby app so I don't have to plug in a Roku and just have to run a network cable to the back of the TV. Looking around the £200-300 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

FrostByte

If you're not in the US, then none as the app isn't available outside the US right now.  Though Luke is working with Samsung to get it released worldwide

• Like 1

FrostByte

Once released worldwide what you will want is a 2015 (J-series), 2016 (K-series) or newer tv running the Tizen operating system.  Here is a link of model numbers you can search for, the lower the number the lower the cost.

http://developer.samsung.com/tv/develop/specification/tv-model-lineup

Edit: If you look at that chart the tv you specified (TE390S) may be on the list as Tizen.  I can't say for sure it will work though because some of the sets in the 2015 Standard 2 category have had troubles working with the store app here in the US.

Maybe Luke or SamES have a list of compatible models, not sure

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

Looks like it just falls into the 2015 Tizen specs (bottom end), butwe know this chart hasn't been accurate so it could be Orsay.  Store availability will be an issue.

58b33ae7d3342_Capture.png

• Like 2

rbjtech

Looks like it just falls into the 2015 Tizen specs (bottom end), butwe know this chart hasn't been accurate so it could be Orsay.  Store availability will be an issue.

58b33ae7d3342_Capture.png

I've recently installed Emby Theatre from the Samsung Apps on a UK Samsung UJ5500 from the above device list via the US Region 'hack' and it works perfectly.  It's very fast playing and browsing so I'm not sure if the 'Tizen' CPU is actually 'lower end' or if it's just the screen and image processing tbh.

Once we get a worldwide release - it may be a good idea to get a thread going on known 'working' Samsung Tizen TV models ... :)

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 3

I've recently installed Emby Theatre from the Samsung Apps on a UK Samsung UJ5500 from the above device list via the US Region 'hack' and it works perfectly. It's very fast playing and browsing so I'm not sure if the 'Tizen' CPU is actually 'lower end' or if it's just the screen and image processing tbh.

Once we get a worldwide release - it may be a good idea to get a thread going on known 'working' Samsung Tizen TV models ... :)

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies guys it really means a lot. I brought the t32e390sx model as it was going for next to nothing.

Really would love to get Emby on it somehow, what is this 'hack' you talk of?

I've copied those instructions into a separate post to make it easier to find:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45323-how-to-run-emby-app-outside-of-usa/

Thanks guys but I don't see setup, I see system when I press menu and set-up is under system. Once in there and I select it, it asks me for a password? I tried 0000 and it takes me all the way to setting up wifi, next page is where I accept t&c's then I tried the mute, volume up, channel up and mute again and nothing pops up for me?

FrostByte

Hopefully @rbjtech or one of the others that have changed their region can help.

You can also take a look at this link for instructions on how to change your region.  Try the J-series instructions for your tv

https://thevpn.guru/samsung-smart-tv-region-hub-change-us-uk-unblock-vpn-dns-proxy

It looks like the instructions are different depending on series

Edited by FrostByte

I've copied those instructions into a separate post to make it easier to find:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45323-how-to-run-emby-app-outside-of-usa/

I might just wait because I can't be dealing with trial and error just now. How long do you think it will take Samsung to get it worldwide?

berrick

Hi everyone,

First off fantastic job devs on the app for the Samsung TV's.

I came across this post after trying to get Emby on to my T32E390S after months of struggling with its built in browser to access my media and having no success loading earlier versions of the app.

I struggled initially as I found it difficult to find instruction that match this TV or definitive confirmation as to what OS it was running. I can confirm that my version of this model must be a 2015 j-series, as I now have Emby for Samsung installed and working :) . I followed the guide found http://www.eyeondema...ntry-app-store/ as this matched the screen shots of this model of TV (Many thanks for this find rbjtech). 

Only tried the app briefly but as rbjtech said I found it to be fast and I had no problems watching an episode of Death in paradise with it :wub: .

@@KayJay I followed the instructions in the above link up to and including step 8 after which I used the back icon to get back to live TV. I then powered off/on the TV for good measure went to Smarthub and installed Emby app . 

• Like 1

FrostByte

Thanks for confirming berrick.  The instructions in the pinned post are the same (without the pics) and include instructions for K-series TVs also.  I can add more details and pics if people think they are required.  I will also update the post when the new 2017 M-series and QLED TVs come out here soon if this isn't resolved by then

• Like 1

KayJay

Thank you so much Berrick! I am out on the road but will post an update when I am back!