Deleting a Movie over Emby ContexMenu dont work

Kodi_Newcomer

Kodi_Newcomer

Hello Com,

what im doing wrong. I will delet an movie in kodi over the contex menu --> emby settings --> delet this element in emby. click on it and nothing happens. Are there some settings i must change for this ? That would be greate when i can delet all the stuff from one movie oder kodi, the file, the images and the folder where the movie was stored. I think over this context entry it should work, but not for me.

Here are the log

Greet's

Kodi_Newcomer

I have only one user, with this user i can delet things from within webinterface. Thats the same user i connect in kodi emby addon. Thats the user he gives me automaticly.

Make sure the user you are using had delete permission.

Make sure that user can delete things using the web interface.

Or did you mean the windows user ? This was admin user and have all permissions.

Or do i have to set some permissions at the user i have create on emby server ?

Kodi_Newcomer

The log im added is not good ? Ok i will make a new one.tomorrow.

Edited by Kodi_Newcomer

xnappo

There is a setting in the users section of the server you need to set to give delete permissions.  You need to use the Emby context menu to delete.

thatoneguy99

This used to work for me also but has stopped working since the newest version 3.2.3.1 beta. I will submit a log.

Sent from my phone!

thatoneguy99

Sorry for any confusion. This was all on me and permissions error with my new Radarr install. It's all good now.

Has nothing to do with the newest version.

Sent from my phone!

Kodi_Newcomer

Hm here are Screens from the settings for the only user i use.

And here a brand new log file, after restart and try to delet it over emby contexmenu.

Did you need Emby Server log too ?

post-190077-0-02087700-1488024603_thumb.png

post-190077-0-86398300-1488024603_thumb.png

Edited by Kodi_Newcomer

CharleyVarrick

Hello Com,

what im doing wrong. I will delet an movie in kodi over the contex menu --> emby settings --> delet this element in emby. click on it and nothing happens. Are there some settings i must change for this ? That would be greate when i can delet all the stuff from one movie oder kodi, the file, the images and the folder where the movie was stored. I think over this context entry it should work, but not for me.

Here are the log

Greet's

I have never been able to delete related art and nfo files: they stay there orphaned, but the main media gets deleted.

Kodi_Newcomer

looks like it might be a bug with languages:

UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal

If you are not using English on Kodi try switching to English and see if the problem still occurs.

Ok now it works how it should. He asked me if i realy would delet this file and that he will delet it from disk to. Fine.

Can you bring it to work with german language in kodi ?

Did you need another logfile now ?

• 2 weeks later...
Kodi_Newcomer

Any news, will you change some things, that it works on german language to ? Is there a way ?

Kodi_Newcomer

@

Nothing what you or your team can do for this, to work with german language to ? This was a very nice and usefull feature for me. So i dont write it down what movies or shows i have to delet go to the server and do it from there. So i can click in the series or movie list on kodi and can delet the file + folder from there, that was very awesome.

So i hope and my question if you can do something, that it works with german language to ?

I think when i go to update this element from emby it works and he update the element i select. So only the delet function have an issue.

xnappo

@@Kodi_Newcomer ,

Will need to discuss the 'right' way to do this, but can you please try this?

Open lib/context_entry.py in the addon folder,

replace this line:

elif selected == OPTIONS['Delete']:

with this:

elif selected.encode('ascii', 'ignore') == OPTIONS['Delete'].encode('ascii', 'ignore'):

Kodi_Newcomer

Boah ft... Can you help me a little bit, where can i find this file ? I use Libreelec Kodi, i cant find it.

xnappo

From google search, maybe here:

/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/lib

Kodi_Newcomer

Any other lines to test ? Update element works great with german language. Maybe you can look there how it looks ?

xnappo

@ - hints on how to fix this properly?

Do I need to completely change it to not use the language name as the menu item name?

Angelblue05

Try converting the selected to unicode. The option label is in unicode.

if selected.decode(utf-8) ==

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

Same line you edited before, but instead try:

elif selected.decode('utf-8') == OPTIONS['Delete']:

xnappo

Edited by Angelblue05

Kodi_Newcomer

@@xnappo  @@Angelblue05

Same line you edited before, but instead try:

elif selected.decode('utf-8') == OPTIONS['Delete']:

xnappo

So it looks very good, it seems to be worked right now. I can delet over kodi and when i look at the server the movie folder was delet and in emby no movie found.

GREAT !!!!

Thank you very much for your great support...

post-190077-0-73190700-1491029252_thumb.png

Edited by Kodi_Newcomer
  • Like 1

xnappo

A version with this fixed has (hopefully) been pushed to the beta repo.  Refresh the repo and you should see 2.3.47.

Thanks for testing.

• Like 1