Advanced search (language, resolution etc)

SirJMD

Basically I'd really like to be able to search for movies with audio and subtitles in a specific language, resolution, year etc.

Shouldn't be too difficult to implement :)

• Like 7

Tremas

I believe this feature is already available in the web client. If you view your movies and open the filter menu you can view by any combination of audio features, subtitles, years, genres, resolutions, and more.

However, I don't think it's in Theater yet.

58b099528236f_filter.png

Correct, some of the filter options are available in the web client, but far from all. There is no filter for languages, codec, resolution etc. And the filter option is completely missing from Theater, as far as I can see at least.

Tremas

Huh, you're right. I thought codecs and resolutions were there. I guess it's just 3d/sd/hd/dvd/bluray. Anyhow, +1 for adding full filtering to theater and the Music Videos section.

• Like 1

computerprep

Similar, but slightly different... We need a 4k choice in the video types list.

I don't think it requires a brand new post.

• Like 1

n00b42

Related to my recent request: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45447-library-filter-by-language/

(but different as library filter != search)

And related to my older request: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44147-search-options-eg-exclude-actors-trailers/

(but different as I asked more about exclusion/seperation of trailers/actors/etc...)

• 5 weeks later...
SirJMD

I'd really like this feature soon.. so annoying trying to find a movie with subtitles in a specific language, having to play through numerous ones.

Shouldn't be hard to do..

SirJMD

To be completely honest: this is a core feature that is missing, that is keeping me from purchasing life time premium.

• 10 months later...

+1 on this, I'd really love to see more and better filters:

From the metadata:

- Country

- people - actors / directors / etc.
- please group the years by bands - decades or something :-) I would have thought "I'd like to watch an 80s movie" is more common than "I want to watch a movie made in 1983"

And then on the file:

- Resolution

- Audio langauge (if possible?)

What would be really nice is if you combined the filter and search pages, so I could simultaneously limit to a certain genre and then type a search string. But I appreciate that would probably be quite a bit of work.....

• 6 months later...

Just want to add my +1 to this. My #1 requirement is to be able to view say all movies from 2018 in Emby Theatre and the LG TV app. Is there a quick way to do that that I have missed? There used to be a year filter built in but that was lost some time ago. The only alternative people have suggested on here is manually adding each and every film to a collection, which seems crazy.

• 1 month later...
jblaze12

I'm +1 this! For me, I've been ripping my blu-rays, some with director commentary. I've forgotten which have them and have no easy way to search just for 2 audio stream sources or films with ac3 2.0 or plain stereo secondary streams.

I'd really appreciate being able to filter or search this quickly and easily. That way I can tag each film with a "commentary" or create a collection.