Emby app for UN50KU6300F

Kubla Khan

Kubla Khan

I have been using Emby to watch my ripped movies on a large computer monitor for a number of years as my 10 year old Sony was such a hassle.  I recently got a Samsung smart TV, a UN50KU6300F, which I think uses the Tizen operating system. I see there is an Emby app in the app store. Could it be so easy as just installing the Emby app and pointing it to my server and I am up-and-running?

I see install guides in the forum but they seem to be for older/different series Samsungs, the latest being 2014.

Also most of my rips are in Video_TS folders.  Am I in trouble there?

Thanks

Kubla Khan

• Like 1

Also most of my rips are in Video_TS folders.  Am I in trouble there?

If this becomes a problem, please let us know.

Kubla Khan

Well, it was as easy as could be.  Found the Emby app installed it, signed in and pointed it at my server.

My first movie try turned out to ne one of the few ISOs I have which didn't play but I will search those out and convert them. The Video_TS folders play without a hitch.

All movies show up for viewing and are pretty easy to navigate.  My one problem is in the movies I have the usual selections: Suggestions, Movies, Trailers, Collections, and Studios.  I just use the movies selection.

In addition to movies I have Great Performances and Documentaries from PBS.  Of the 400 or so Documentaries only 98 are selectable.  The "episodes" selection available on the computer app is missing and all I can select from is Series, Upcoming, Genres, and favorites. No episodes which is where the episodes are.

Hope that is clear.  Any ideas?

Kubla Khan