Multiple recordings stall overnight

AZRichG

AZRichG

I've had this happen a few times with several versions of the server. I'll check in the morning and Emby says it's still recording things from last night, the HDHR-CC doesn't show any tuners active. 

When this happens I re-start Emby and sometimes the recordings show up, sometimes they show up with 6 minutes or so of a 30 minute show.

Either way it's not working as designed. 

stalled recordings.zip

Edited by AZRichG

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about this. I do not see any recordings in this log. Are you sure this is the right example?

AZRichG

Don't know if this is related or not, but 9 times out of 10 (or more) when I select 'Browse Library' from the Emby menubar icon I get this first. Everything shows up fine when I refresh the page. 

post-99265-0-18103200-1487983286_thumb.jpg

Hi, these look like playback logs. If you're having issues with a scheduled recording, then the best log would be the log from the timeframe that the recording was supposed to happen.

AZRichG

Looks like everything was recorded that I had set last night, I checked each for total minutes but haven't watched them.

Oddly enough I'm still seeing that blank page (pictured on post #4 here) when I select browse from the menubar icon. Refreshing it gets everything loaded okay.

Is it normal to see 2 web browsers under 'Active Devices' on the configure page when there is just one? One always says seen 8 or so minutes ago and the other shows the transcoding that is going on in another window. I guess I have 2 windows open so maybe that's par for the course.

AZRichG

So I still had an active recording on my home page that was supposed to be done last night and finished at 9pm. 

Here's the log that ended midnight, I did a restart just now so if you need that log I can attach it as well. The active recording disappeared after the re-start.

Log.txt

Edited by AZRichG

• 2 weeks later...
earthtorob

I'm having the same problem.  I don't know where the log files are so I haven't included one.  But this morning I had 9 or 10 shows stalled on "active recordings".

If you would like I could try to recreate and provide logs.

I'm having the same problem.  I don't know where the log files are so I haven't included one.  But this morning I had 9 or 10 shows stalled on "active recordings".

If you would like I could try to recreate and provide logs.

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about this. In order for us to best help you, please provide a server log from the time frame this happened. You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
AZRichG

Log-4.txt

This happened again. The Great Indoors was scheduled 3/27/17 @ 830pm to 9pm is showing as an Active Recording on the Live TV screen. The tuner is not being used.

Here's the log that ended at midnight that day, let me know if that's not the correct file. 

Erik

This is the latest over in the SiliconDust forum, looks like a solution isnt too far off.

"The problem is a bug in the Ethernet MAC firmware - it can get into a state where it can transmit but can't receive.

We were able to obtain the source code for this firmware. We are pretty sure the problem relates to a rare situation which can result in the firmware and RX hardware getting out of sync.

We are almost complete with a major cleanup of the code.

Nick"

• 2 weeks later...
AZRichG

Had the HDHR-Prime disappear the other night, so I went to SD's website.

There is a new beta available for those who are brave.

Upgrade results:

0: 131A547A firmware 20170406beta1

1 device(s) found

Erik

@@Luke

I had another active recording stuck just this evening. The HDhomerun's are fine, no resets as had been happening and all tuners released and available so it looks like the Beta firmware has fixed any problems on that end, but Emby had to be restarted to recognize the recording was no longer active but looks like it recorded perfectly. When i looked initially the file size was way to small and looked like it had failed, but when i stopped emby the file showed full size and i played it to verify.

The recording was for "Kevin Can't Wait".

Log PM'd

AZRichG

I had two recordings with commentary for visually impaired recorded. Couldn't figure out how to turn it off, did I hit a button somewhere and turn it on? I've been known to do such things!

Ok, make sure to post in the appropriate section of the community because when I come in and out of this topic I'm not going to remember that you're on Windows. Thanks !