No touch vol/brightness adjust

speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

Most recent update to the Android app....

What happened to  the swipe up or down on either side of the playback screen to adjust brightness and volume?

I used that all the time before.

Also, it seems far more laggy viewing the guide.

Edited by speedingcheetah

Nothing has changed with the guide, but look for those swipe functions to return in a future update. thanks !

speedingcheetah

App updated. It does have the new brightness and vol touch slide ability....but....its extremely sensitive on my LG V10. Swipe just a tiny bit and its max low or max high. Does it for both bright and vol. Very hard to use...

Also, Vol  has a 2-3 sec lag before it actually adjusts

• Like 1

speedingcheetah

I see the delay although sensitivity seems OK in my testing here. I'll do some additional testing. Thanks.

In the previous version of the app, the sensitivity of the brightness and vol touch sliders seemed  near the same  as when i used MX Player app to play local video files.....now...its far too sensitive for me.

• 2 weeks later...
sycl1n

+1

The touch controls (yes, also seeking) were the only feature why I used the EmbyApp (on Nexus 10 and Samsung S7).

I tried using VLC as external player, but it doesn't work with subtitles and I can't control the transcoding bandwidth

The latest version of the app has both the volume and brightness controls restored.

sycl1n

I know that, but as speedingcheetah said the sensitivity makes it almost unusable.

Also, the touch seeking is still missing.

Why not bring it back as it was before the update.

• Like 1

sycl1n

Sure, touching the screen and moving the finger for about 3mm turns the volume and brightness from 100% to 0% or the other way

• Like 1

sycl1n

Before the update this gesture brings up an overlay wich tells me volume tuned from 0% to 6%

( just installed an older titanium backup version, i can make a video if it helps)

Edited by sycl1n

GavinAshford

I've come here to add a +1 to this overly sensitive volume/brightness slider - there seems to be no way of not getting a setting somewhere between min or max - as sycl1n said said the length to swipe feels like very short in the length you need to swipe between the min and max values.

Additionally as speedingcheetah mentioned I also see 'lag' in the setting actually being applied after sliding - maybe 1-2seconds after 'finishing swipe'

I'm using a Google Pixel XL on 7.1.2 (beta 2) and in case screen settings have anything to do with this, I have altered the 'Display size' setting which I set to 'Small' rather than 'Default' - an explanation here http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/03/10/android-n-feature-spotlight-easily-change-your-devices-display-dpi-with-screen-zoom/

Rumbaar

Yes, I get it triggered and it's so sensitive that it goes from 0 or full and very hard to get it within a range between that.

• 2 weeks later...
zigzagtshirt

Yes, I get it triggered and it's so sensitive that it goes from 0 or full and very hard to get it within a range between that.

@@Luke

I am having the same issues.

• Like 1

I have a Pixel for testing and I don't believe it's overly sensitive but I will do more testing. Thanks.

zigzagtshirt

I have a Pixel for testing and I don't believe it's overly sensitive but I will do more testing. Thanks.

I'm using Nexus 6P.  This feature on MX Player app works very well and is very precise in comparison.  

Thanks for looking into this.

• 3 weeks later...
Vidman

I agree with others, the reimplementation of brightness and volume control is too sensitive and delayed to be of any use. I'm using galaxy S7 and tab s2

Edited by Vidman

• 1 year later...
Devdroid

The brightness adjust feature is causing me some major problems on my Huawei Mediapad M5 (Android 8.0). I keep adjusting the brightness by mistake as soon as I touch the screen/it's very sensitive, and it seems to be conflicting with the tablets internal brightness adjustment, so brightness keeps jumping when i leave Emby to check a notifiation for example (while leaving Emby playing in window mode), and then it changes back again upon returning. 

Very often I tend to activate maximum brightness by accident after returning to the app after minimizing it, which is very annoying at night. 

If it was possible to disable the brightness function all together it would be best. I prefer to let the tablet adjust brightness automatically by itself. 

I use Kodi instead for now, but would of course prefer to use the native emby client while on my tablet as Kodi has limited touch screen support. 

If it was possible to disable the brightness function all together it would be best. I prefer to let the tablet adjust brightness automatically by itself. Thanks! 

Edited by Devdroid
  • Like 1

You're saying you want to disable the brightness touch gesture during playback?

Devdroid

You're saying you want to disable the brightness touch gesture during playback?

Yes - if possible!

• 1 month later...
poweld

+1, I endured some seriously high volumes by accident by touching the wrong part of the screen. Would be great to be able to disable this feature. Thanks!