No touch vol/brightness adjust

speedingcheetah

AdrianW

+1, I endured some seriously high volumes by accident by touching the wrong part of the screen. Would be great to be able to disable this feature. Thanks!

There's a current bug that sets the volume straight to 100% as soon as you begin to swipe up or down on the right side. When this is fixed it shouldn't be as much of a problem.

Edited by AdrianW

okEric

It's resolved in the next update to the app. Thanks.

Thank goodness, I think my hearing might be damaged (not really) from the sudden full blast of audio.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this gonna be fixed soon? The volume is going full blast if I accidentally touch the right portion of my screen. It's rather scary actually.

AdrianW

Is this gonna be fixed soon? The volume is going full blast if I accidentally touch the right portion of my screen. It's rather scary actually.

There was an update in the PlayStore a few days ago, it's fixed the volume control issue for me (at least I can now raise and lower the volume instead of just setting it directly to max).

AdrianW

Actually on a fresh start of the app - the first touch on the right will put the volume straight up to 100% and from then on it will work correctly lowering or raising the volume without instant jumps.

darkassassin07

I can confirm this is currently the case with version 3.0.9 (beta), at least on my device

Edited by darkassassin07

• 1 month later...

Actually on a fresh start of the app - the first touch on the right will put the volume straight up to 100% and from then on it will work correctly lowering or raising the volume without instant jumps.

Same here on my S9+ and my wife's S9+ as well.

Also I would like to add my vote for an option to disable the touch brightness and volume :)

• 2 months later...

The immediate jump to max brightness and, more dangerously, max volume, is definitely still present on the Android client. This feature doesn't really appeal to me in the first place, and the risk to my hearing has really deterred me from using Emby on Android.

It's disappointing that this bug has been known for nearly two years now, and still the feature it affects has not been fixed or disabled. Any potential convenience the feature may add is outweighed by the fact that it is not functioning as intended.

Have you guys been able to replicate this through test suites? Is the issue only with certain devices? Some more information might help us understand what progress is being made. If more info is needed from us, I'm sure people who have participated in this thread are happy to help.

@@Luke, I noticed that whenever one adjust the volume or the brightness the OSD appears.

My suggestion would be to not show the OSD while adjusting the volume/brightness.

What do you think?

Here is a missunderstanding I guess.

I was talking about the highlighted part on this Screenshot:

https://abload.de/img/screenshot_2019-01-12zcezc.png

That part isn't really needed when adjusting the brightness level, right?

€dit: The other small window indicating the brightness, that is absolutely needed to know when you hit the max.

This is on 3.0.30

Edited by neik

GavinAshford

Since this lastest update the volume indicator hasn't shown up for me when swiping to adjust volume. The brightness one still does. This is on a Google Pixel 2 XL (with system display size setting set to small).

I removed the custom volume OSD but i'd like to have the system volume OSD show in that situation. So that's something we'll need to look at. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I should have posted earlier, but sometimes life gets in the way. @@Luke credit where credit is due, the problem has been mitigated or resolved, depending on whether you plan on reimplementing it in the future. I've begun using Emby on Android once again because of it. My ears thank you.