Other potential live TV back-ends

kamakamadaun

If you want also "analog", go for MediaPortal TVServer ;)

For the moment it's nor possible to have a digital signal with nextpvr and argus I can use my analog signal...

Only for argus I also need the medieportal tv server to pass-through my signal to argus. 

So It must be possible with a pass-throught also for the new provider. Or somebody needs to expose his api...

denethor

...Or somebody needs to expose his api...

You mean you need to access my Dvbviewer recording service?

If yes, let me know.

You mean you need to access my Dvbviewer recording service?

If yes, let me know.

Yes, that's correct. So you need to forward your port t the outside. And I also need your ip...

You have maybe dyndns or something like that?

denethor

Yes, that's correct. So you need to forward your port t the outside. And I also need your ip...

You have maybe dyndns or something like that?

Check your PM

DVBViewer is the one, you can decrypt with that too...

But the main point is it is a separate entity to WMC....

Having used both DVBVIEWER is a lot more reliable too *my opinion*

politby

DVBViewer is the one, you can decrypt with that too...

But the main point is it is a separate entity to WMC....

Having used both DVBVIEWER is a lot more reliable too *my opinion*

The DVBlink server engine is as separate from WMC as DVBviewer is. WMC is just another client, just like Media Browser would be if interfaced to DVBLink Server.

It's been a long time since I used DVBViewer so I am not familiar with its current architecture.

But what I like about DVBLink server is that it is built as a proper server application, at least on Windows. It runs as a real Windows service, no tray application or other crap. It was built from the ground up to support a wide variety of software and hardware based clients so adding the different Media Browser clients ought to be easy to do. Of course, none of this matters one iota if DVBlogic isn't cooperating. :-(

Edited by politby
  • Like 1

denethor

Dvbviewer is also runs as windows service. Tray app is just an interface. You can always do the same settings via Web interface.

politby

Okay, not sure if this will help but in the hope of getting the ball rolling, I will happily sponsor a DVBlink Server license for whoever picks up the ball and volunteers to build a plugin.

It would have to be on the condition that the volunteering developer evaluates whether it is at all possible, considering factors like DVBlogic's willingness to share APIs, availability of hardware and so on.

Media Browser Developer Version 3.0.5413.14205 released a few hours ago, but Argus-TV doesn't work for me.

I seems that it can't connect to the Argus-TV Server.

As notification I always get:

Refresh guide failed

X minutes ago

Object reference not set to an object instance

fn2s7tqm.png

I'm using Argus-TV RC 2.3 intalled on the same machine as the Media Browser Server (localhost) and using the standard Port Number (49943).

Where I can find the debug log of the Argus-TV Plugin, for uploading it here, is it integrated in the normal debug log file?

.::edit::. uploaded debug logfile here, because it's to big for ataching it: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FCA9F896D4BC3DB2%215318

Edited by CM000n

politby

DVBviewer

Sure, I am willing to pitch in here as well, provided somebody actually gets started.

Anything to stop the family nagging :)

• Like 1

Just tried Argus TV. Install works and it finds my server. On the front page of LiveTV it says "Error processing request". The guide has about 30% of data, but but not all. Clicking on the channels allows me to select a channel and start it, but not video ever appears. I'll post up some logs later.

This thread needs linux love to go along with the linux versions of MBS. tvheadend runs on so many platforms, all the way down to raspie, and nas boxes. Should be perfect companion with MBS.

• Like 2

Just tried Argus TV. Install works and it finds my server. On the front page of LiveTV it says "Error processing request". The guide has about 30% of data, but but not all. Clicking on the channels allows me to select a channel and start it, but not video ever appears. I'll post up some logs later.

You lucky one ;-)

Is your Argus-TV Server installed on the same machine as your Media Browser?

For me it does not even find the Argus-TV server on the same machine (localhost)

The DVBlink server engine is as separate from WMC as DVBviewer is. WMC is just another client, just like Media Browser would be if interfaced to DVBLink Server.

It's been a long time since I used DVBViewer so I am not familiar with its current architecture.

But what I like about DVBLink server is that it is built as a proper server application, at least on Windows. It runs as a real Windows service, no tray application or other crap. It was built from the ground up to support a wide variety of software and hardware based clients so adding the different Media Browser clients ought to be easy to do. Of course, none of this matters one iota if DVBlogic isn't cooperating. :-(

I think you hit the nail on the head there pal I, and many others have found Oberon to be the exact opposite of co-operative!!

fantaxp7

This thread needs linux love to go along with the linux versions of MBS. tvheadend runs on so many platforms, all the way down to raspie, and nas boxes. Should be perfect companion with MBS.

I'd like to see this as well. 

politby

Does it support decryption?

I think you hit the nail on the head there pal I, and many others have found Oberon to be the exact opposite of co-operative!!

Have we ever met?

denethor

Have we ever met?

Lol :)

It is nice to see you here Oberon. I was about be an advocate here ;)

I am using Dvblogic since the beginning I don't even remember the date. And I am the owner of Plex channel request in Dvblogic forums. And they did release it even some of the user says that it's not necessary. But admit it guys,live tv on PC is a niche market. Very few people interested with that channel including Plex team. Now the Plex channel open sourced and available on sourceforge.

Saying that they are non-cooperative is little bit harsh. They have their priorities that may not fit all of us. So sometimes we have to live with it. Like they released their first hardware last week that works Dvblink server out of the box. This is serious business and the releasing hardware was the priority.

So, why I am not using Dvblogic anymore? Because it's not working with my new TBS tuner. So I moved something else for now and still monitoring Dvblogic.

There are very few people in this niche enthusiastic market so we better support each other.

That's my 2 cents.

Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

I suspect the DVBViewer developer will be easier to work with. And since what we need really is just a rock solid server engine with a usable API, my guess would be this is the way forward.

All dvblink users know exactly what you are saying here, although I had assumed our midsummer nights dream loving friend was Dutch not Ukrainian

Edited by Spaceboy

Spaceboy

i am open to dvblink or dvbviewer. i'm an existing user of dvblink so i'd probably be happier to move to dvbviewer as it seems the only way of expressing disappointment with the development (or not) of dvblink. oberon, if only you posted on your own forum with such responsiveness!

i am open to dvblink or dvbviewer. i'm an existing user of dvblink so i'd probably be happier to move to dvbviewer as it seems the only way of expressing disappointment with the development (or not) of dvblink. oberon, if only you posted on your own forum with such responsiveness!

I said it on our own forum already and will repeat it here as well: we will not be developing a plugin for mediabrowser ourselves, but will gladly support everyone who will be doing it.

im85288

Does it support decryption?

Yes it does, and I fully agree a Linux tv backend would be a great addition to the media browser list...unfortunately it seems like the plan is to concentrate solely on windows