Other potential live TV back-ends

kamakamadaun

Do you think that they are actively developing and supporting DVBViewer Recording Service? Even their IOS UI builder never shows himself up for the last 3 iterations of iOS. I have some doubts about that.

The DVBViewer is actively developed, as for the add-ons I'd say no. But I don't want the add-ons I want live tv and recording functionality and I think DVBViewer is the best out there at that. I'd use it regularly but the UI/WAF is zero...

Its got cam support,disecq/usals support and will drive a motorised dish with the right card.

It works very well with xbmc but I'd rather miss out the middle man. Plus Kodi crashes every time I close it... That's no good for the wife!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, thank you...

Transcoding problems, I am not an transcoding expert. But I am checking it with the MB transcoding experts. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, thank you...

Transcoding problems, I am not an transcoding expert. But I am checking it with the MB transcoding experts. :)

Is transcoding "optional" for live TV with Argus? Was really hoping that we could watch raw streams on local lan.

Thanks for your work on this!

• Like 1

Some great news. :)

The first version for ArgusTV is available.

Please be aware it's new, so it's possible that you find some errors.

Just create a new topic or send me private message...

Requirements

- MB Server: 3.0.5412.19539

- ArgusTV 2.3RC (latest version)

If you send me a problem, please enable the debug logging in the plugin settings screen...

So i have some more information...

MLcCT4Q.png

• Like 8

Well done @@Sven

Now we can start some other stuff. If we don't need to change something for Argus.

Can you provide me more information about the other provider?

Now we can start some other stuff. If we don't need to change something for Argus.

Can you provide me more information about the other provider?

http://www.dvbviewer.com

http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum

The lead dev is on this email..

bhackbart@cmuv.com

I spoke to hum he said he'd be happy to help.

It's a sat>ip protocol running from a server. I'll get you the license if you want? I'm sure @@Spaceboy will contribute if you'd rather have donations???

Congratz, awsome, can't wait till the next MB Release, to test it :)

..::edit::.. How can I get the MB Server: 3.0.5412.19539 ?

Is this a special version for supporters?

I can't download it, even when I activate the developer versions

Edited by CM000n

I've sent you a PM, but I too would like to test the client. But the latest version it offers me even with Dev enabled is  3.0.5410.32765

I worked offcourse on the github code.

That's probably the reason you don't see the version...

@@Luke When do you create a new DEV release

Edited by Sven
  • Like 1

denethor

http://www.dvbviewer.com

http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum

The lead dev is on this email..

bhackbart@cmuv.com

I spoke to hum he said he'd be happy to help.

It's a sat>ip protocol running from a server. I'll get you the license if you want? I'm sure @@Spaceboy will contribute if you'd rather have donations???

DVBviewer recoding service version 1.30.1 released last week. I have to say this, this version is rock solid. Believe me I have enough experience with DVB-S on PC. I' ve never seen this kind of stability and performance. I tried lots of them since the begging of the DVB-S  PC player. Because all them have their strengths. But this one is different. As a 5 yrs DVBlink user (for network streaming) switched to it immediately.

Yesterday I also tried their DLNA Server. Tested with 2 player as DLNA Player; PlexHT and Panasonic VT30. Bubble UPNP on Note3 was the DLNA controller and server was obviously DVBviewer. Changing channels via Bubble UPNP was almost instant never seen something like this before. Especially with the DLNA and the 3 separate software involved!

Regarding the SAT>IP. I would never recommend that path. AFAIK since SAT>IP is just a tuner that allows you to access physical tuner on the network via IP. Therefor you have to build your own DVB-S Player. Including from transponder scanning to all the way up to other things like developing support for MDplugins etc. So let the DVBViewer handle all of the DVB-S stuff just ask for the stream from service. I think you can even offload the transcoding job to DVBviewer Recording Service. You may not need the deal with Media Browser transcoding engine.(This part needs confirmation)

You can discuss or ask the SAT>IP drawbacks to Hackbart. He may know something I do not know about SAT>IP. 

• Like 1

denethor

It's maybe a dumb question. But what's all about dbviewer and dblink,...

Is it the same people....

Nope totally different companies. The deal is DVBLink or DVBLogic is the first one that virtualise tuners. This way we started use our DVB-S tuners first with Windows Media Center and than via Network. But DVBviewer is an older company they are here since the beginning but their Network capabilities are relatively new.

For DVBviewer:

www.dvbivewer.com

Their Recording Service API: 

http://en.dvbviewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_API

For DVBlink

www.dvblogic.com

Their Network Service API:

http://188.121.56.29/download/dvblink_remote_api.htm

Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

politby

^this.

Probably also worth adding that DVBViewer has been around at least as long as Windows Media Center. DVBViewer does not interface to WMC, it has its own viewing interface. I believe the developer is based in Germany.

DVBlogic, the company behind DVBLink, is based in the Ukraine. They did what no one else has really been able to: enable the integration of cable, satellite, and terrestrial tuners into Windows Media Center, completely transparent to the user, including support for decryption plugins and many types of network clients. Essentially, DVBlink is a Sat/Cable/Terrestrial/IP > IP server. :-)

Before DVBLink became available, I used DVBViewer. But with DVBLink making it possible for me to get all my TV channels into Windows Media Center, switching over was a no brainer.

For those of us who are stuck with the various DVB standards and encrypted broadcasts, there really is no other way than Windows Media Center with DVBLink if you are looking for a fully functional DVR platform on Windows that will also integrate other types of media, such as with MBC.

This is why, while the various current

live tv plugins for Media Browser are amazing efforts, they have a very long way to go before becoming relevant for the millions in encrypted DVB territory.

Edited by politby

And you guys want? Link or Viewer?

It's also for "analog"? I didn't read everything yet. :)

Because I only have "analog" television, no "digital" yet. If only "digital" somebody needs to expose his api....

politby

And you guys want? Link or Viewer?

It's also for "analog"? I didn't read everything yet. :)

Because I only have "analog" television, no "digital" yet. If only "digital" somebody needs to expose his api....

I will be happy with either of them. As for analog TV, I'm not sure if it is supported. I didn't think it existed any more. ;-)

I suspect the DVBViewer developer will be easier to work with. And since what we need really is just a rock solid server engine with a usable API, my guess would be this is the way forward.

Edited by politby