Other potential live TV back-ends

kamakamadaun

Spaceboy

I said it on our own forum already and will repeat it here as well: we will not be developing a plugin for mediabrowser ourselves, but will gladly support everyone who will be doing it.

And these are your chickens coming home to roost

Have we ever met?

Err no this is the internet...

I and many others have found you uncooperative/unresponsive on many occasions with regards any flaws in dvblink on your forums.

I'm not here to shoot dvblink down mind you if people want it that's fine by me, I'd prefer dvbviewer personally as it's more stable in my opinion.

Err no this is the internet...

I and many others have found you uncooperative/unresponsive on many occasions with regards any flaws in dvblink on your forums.

I'm not here to shoot dvblink down mind you if people want it that's fine by me, I'd prefer dvbviewer personally as it's more stable in my opinion.

It is very much up to you what you will choose.

I am just trying to say that calling a statement that "we will not do it, but will support anyone who will be making it" as being "uncooperative/unresponsive" is not fair to say the least.

politby

Come on folks, we are at 178 replies to this thread now. Oberon is clearly expressing his support for a media browser plugin, and the DVBviewer dev is from what I understand positive too.

I can't program worth a damn, so I'm not much help. But there is tremendous talent out there in the MB community. So either we have someone willing to get cracking on this, or we don't. What'll it be?

DVBLink. Our API is based on http/xml technologies.

And is it possible to expose also some json? Or ....

I prefer the json format above the xml. :)

• Like 1

I am just trying to say that calling a statement that "we will not do it, but will support anyone who will be making it" as being "uncooperative/unresponsive" is not fair to say the least.

I wasn't talking specifically in regard to mb3, i got ignored/shot down a few times on your forums therefore decided it wasn't the product for me..

If you're backing mb3 development great.

StealthDefender

Hey guys, very nice community here.

I am using Media Browser since a while and it would be great to see DVBViewer integration.

That would be a strong partnership i think. DVBViewer for me is a powerfull and extremely stable peace of software.

Greetz Stealth

It is better to go out and tell the world rather than saying it here.  We need a new contributor to come forward and build a plugin for it.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

you can spin it whatever way you like but i watched the dvblink forum while the xbmc plugin was being developed. if you think that was providing support that probably says it all. you rode in at the end and tried to take all the credit.

• Like 1

Agree, and our project is not expressing that view towards you. We have a lot of smart people here so hopefully somebody will decide to take it on.

you can spin it whatever way you like but i watched the dvblink forum while the xbmc plugin was being developed. if you think that was providing support that probably says it all. you rode in at the end and tried to take all the credit.

Not trying to be abusive, but how do you know what kind of support the original author got from us?.. 

Spaceboy

thats not abusive at all. the answer is i watched the thread documenting the development of the plugin. i watched unanswered requests for help from you, as i say until right at the very end when it was clear that the author succeeded and then it all got very quickly wrapped into an official version. its also important to note that the plugin was developed unofficially in conflict with the official plugin.

i think you've really hurt your own company in the long term. you had one function that no-one else had (getting virtual tuners into WMC)  and you treated that as a cash cow for years. i'm sure its paid very handsomely, but you put all your eggs in the WMC basket and now thats going away, so is your competitive advantage. you have nothing to offer over dvbviewer and other free options. on top of that you've upset a lot of your customer base with the behaviour i'm describing. you can come across as very aggressive even in your responses to the most simple requests. on more than one occasion you've made me feel like an idiot for reporting problems with dvblink even though it turned out it was you that was the problem. finally when i tried to drum up a bit of support on the dvblink site for developing a plugin to mediabrowser you went through and systematically deleted them, calling them spam. it was 5 or so posts on relevant threads all looking for a similar solution. thats the level of support i associate with dvblink and more specifically you.

putting that all together you cannot be surprised that your customers are looking to move away from your product.

this is my last post on the subject

• Like 1

this is my last post on the subject

You are wrong in your assumptions - both about the xbmc plugin development and about the dvblink product.

It is my last post as well, I am leaving the forums. If you would need support for the development - you know where to find us.

Mod, can you please delete the irrelevant posts? Thanks.

Vidman

^^^ this guy/girl seems like a difficult person to deal with anyway eg choosing to be defensive rather than answering a question regarding development

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on the Tv Section? :)

Greetz Stealth

Sent from my Stealth-Phone

hrhr Stealth, your last post is from 10 days ago  :D

I don't think that they will develop a new plugin for another Backend that fast :P 

Especially since the problems with Argus are not yet solved.

But hopefully there are some other developers who want to work on a new plugin? 

There's been a LOT of Linux activity lately i'm surprised no-one has picked up mythTV integration ....

• Like 1

MythTV is awesome. 10 years ago it had features the "competitors" still dont have today. But its not very userfriendly to setup, and to take advantage of its unique features you need to use the myth frontend, and the myth frontend has not kept up with time. Its an excellent dvr or tivo but not a Mediacenter. And since you will not be taking advantage of most of its unique features my vote for first Linux plugin would still be tvheadend. Imo brilliant as a mb3 TV backend, simple to install, light and runs on so many platforms. But its missing a nice Windows client/frontend (it has kodi but...)

Edited by KRA
  • Like 2

franky384

my vote for first Linux plugin would still be tvheadend. Imo brilliant as a mb3 TV backend, simple to install, light and runs on so many platforms. But its missing a nice Windows client/frontend (it has kodi but...)

Tvheadend is good, but VDR is my preference.