Aztec v1.0.1.2 is now live

leedavies
Go to solution Solved by leedavies,

leedavies

Lots of fixes and improvements in this release, including...

• EHS navigation much more responsive
  • EHS covers should be angled correctly right from when they first appear - and when you go back up to the EHS from a collection
  • EHS covers scrollers should be centered right from when they first appear - not just when you navigate into them
  • EHS covers should load faster now - there were a couple of reports of delays before they appeared
  • EHS collections menu now remembers focus when you go back to the EHS from a collection
  • All scrollers have a new animation for when an item first appears on-screen - they slide on-screen from the left-hand side, staggered so they don't all slide on at once
  • Light skin upgraded to include missing style names that caused it to break when selected
  • Both dark and light skins have been improved with better colors for buttons and backdrop overlays
  • Poster view now works much better in vertical mode - faster and makes better use of screen space
  • The view options menu (the eye on the top toolbar) now has options to increase/decrease back cover image sizes, so you can have your normal size covers, but huge back covers if you want, or small back covers
  • The view options menu has a new option to "Show names" so you can customize any or all of your folders to show the item name underneath the cover
  • Added support for boxrear.jpg and boxrear.png filenames
  • Scrolling performance improved in most views - most noticeable when one of the fastest scroller speeds is selected (e.g. Very Fast or Insane)
  • Movie details page background fill behind movie overview color improved - text should be easier to read on all backdrop colors
  • Registered users can permanently turn off the spinning logo and version shown at startup

This new version is live now...

As always, please post any problems....

• Like 1

• Solution
leedavies

Ah, whoops.  For some reason, and I've had this happen before, the add new version tool we developers use sometimes appears to just ignore uploading the DLL with the new version we've put live.

Plus it allows us to enter loads of text in the release notes, but trims it down to a ridiculously short size afterwards, so you lose hald the upload information.

It is listed now correctly.  Sorry, my bad.  Well, actually, no tools bad!  lol

leedavies

Likewise, version 1.0.0.2 shows as current in configurator, and no updates appear when checking.

This is now fixed, as explained above.

Individual version descriptions are limited to 255 characters as it wasn't anticipated this would be more than a couple of bullet points.  I'll make the form cut off at this point too.

Package/Plug-in descriptions are not limited.

Okay, I put the limit on the text field so you won't go over and also increased the size to 1,000 characters.

• Like 1

Good work as usual, Lee. How about those "postcards" in the vertically-scrolling thumbstrip (or coverflow?) view? Can they be made to change periodically as backgrounds do?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

leedavies

Okay, I put the limit on the text field so you won't go over and also increased the size to 1,000 characters.

Awesome, thanks Eric.

leedavies

Good work as usual, Lee. How about those "postcards" in the vertically-scrolling thumbstrip (or coverflow?) view? Can they be made to change periodically as backgrounds do?

They do in the latest dev version... Will be an update going live in the next few days.

• Like 1

Lee, your work adds significant value to the MediaBrowser environment. Kudos and thanks. More support coming, as I will purchase a license for Aztec also.

wraslor

Updated and now having problems.  When I enter a menu item such as movies the disc comes across the screen and spins in the middle and that's it.  Mbc locks up and I have to force close it.  Switch to other themes and all works fine.  Let me know if you need me to try anything or post anything for you to look at.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this theme, but I have the same problem with this theme as well as Breeze and Crystal.  I can't seem to find a way to turn off the now playing backdrop.  For example, if I'm watching live TV through windows media center and then I go to MBC, I can see the live channel in the backgroup, but it's really choppy and makes MBC run really slow unless I stop the live TV from playing.  What I would really like to do is turn off the now playing backdrop and continue to have the sound, but just display my standard backdrop.  I've looked through every setting I could find and tried just about all of them.  What am I missing?  I would like to purchase a couple of these themes, but they're just not for me unless I can turn off the now playing in the background.

Thoughts?