Live TV on htpc and Mediabrowser3 Server on separate Machine

MYT

Ive been trying to get live tv (serverwmc) to work recently only it took me a while to figure it out with my setup. I hope to save some people some time with this little howto.

My Setup

Win 7 64 bit on both machines

a HTPC with InfiniTV 4 PCIE fully configured to work with WMC -->

MediaBrowser Client installed

installed the latest version of ServerWMC from their website

A Media Server with MediaBrowser3 Server installed (run as a service )

Installed the ServerWMC plugin through the MediaBrowser3 control panel 

*note you need to set the LAN IP address manually to the configured HTPC e.g 192.168.0.123 in the ServerWMC settings

Could only to get it to work with Chrome browser i had no luck with Firefox/IE

Basically i was plagued with the dreaded no tuner available message. Come to find out after a few hours mediabrowser couldnt associate a unc path with the HTPC. To fix this scenario i needed to pin my user account (note both user accounts need to be linked accross both machines ie same username and password) with the running service  so...

start --> search field enter 'services' --> find the media browser service and double click that sucka

i have it started automatically btw and then hit the Log On tab used the log on as 'this account' used browse to find my username                               and then entered my password. then had to restart the media browser service

and wham bam thank you chrome i gots me some streamed live tv baybee