Beta - Should NextPVR Live TV be working?

bishoph

When I click on "Guide" in the beta preview app, nothing happens, and if I try to watch a live channel that I navigate to through On Now or my Favorites, it doesn't engage the live tuner in NPVR.

My standard Roku Emby app version 2.25 continues to work as expected.

Just figured maybe it wasn't fully functional yet..Thanks!

There should not be a problem as far as I'm aware but I'm not sure how much testing that exact setup has gotten.

Hi,

Here is my server log..I clicked on "Guide" on my Roku Beta Preview app right at timestamp 17:52:30..

Nothing happens on the Roku, it makes the beeping sound when you hit the ok button on a Roku remote, but screen doesn't change.

Then, at 17:59:45, I select a favorite channel in Live TV..and at 17:59:50, I click "Tune to Channel"..

the spinning dotted circle rotates but nothing happens after that.

Thanks in advance!

server-63623382697.txt

@@ebr, yes it does..web login is fine, iOS app is fine as well.

I should add, I had said everything worked as it should in the Emby 2.25 Roku release, actually, when I try to load the guide in that..it goes to "retrieving" for about 5 seconds, and the app then crashes back to the Roku home screen. Going to and watching live TV works fine though.

So to recap, in the Emby beta, clicking "Guide" does nothing and trying to "tune to channel" just brings up the rotating dashes..

In the Emby 2.25 release, clicking "Guide" causes app to crash..but clicking "watch" on a live channel works fine.

I have tried emptying the EPG in NextPVR and building it from scratch..I have checked for any channels that were missing guide data or had nothing entered for Schedules Direct..and I restarted Emby and let it go through an entire "refresh guide" and got no errors.

Edited by bishoph

Okay, the next update of the app is going to have the ability for you to send me an app log so I'll have you recreate the issue and do that then.  Thanks.

Allenjs5

I just want to chime in on this topic, I am having the same issues.  I am also using a NextPVR setup which until this last update worked great (aside from the recordings issue we sorted out earlier, ebr).  Live TV always worked and now does not.   So it seems to me like something changed from 1.19.16 to .17

I just want to chime in on this topic, I am having the same issues.  I am also using a NextPVR setup which until this last update worked great (aside from the recordings issue we sorted out earlier, ebr).  Live TV always worked and now does not.   So it seems to me like something changed from 1.19.16 to .17

Hmmm.... I don't think there were any playback changes between those two versions.  Is it possible something else updated as well?

Okay, 1.19.18 adds the ability for you to send me a log from the device.

You need to go into settings and enable the debug mode.  Then produce the problem and hit the "Send Log" button on the tools row of the home screen.

I suggest turning debug mode back off after you've done this.

Once you've sent the log please come back here and tell me when you did it and the name of the Emby Server you were attached to.  Thanks.

Thanks @@ebr, I'm trying to update my Roku app now..is .18 ready yet?

I played around with my issues last night..I have a Hauppauge HDHomerun tuner that Emby recognizes in its Live TV settings, but I have "enable this tuner" unchecked normally b/c I exclusively use NextPVR..I enabled it last night and added my Schedules Direct login info just to see what it would do to the guide.  I also deleted my NextPVR plugin.

After a couple hours, it built the guide and I could access it from Emby Preview Beta AND play live channels.

So it seems there's something about my NextPVR it wasn't liking.

I'm anxious to try the .18 version of the app and I will send logs etc..

If you have a tuner that is natively supported by Emby then we strongly recommend using the built-in support.

.18 should be available now.  Thanks.

Yeah I've had the same thing happen before. Oops.. Forgot to hit submit..lol

You did the "Preview and Update", pick a PKG, click the "I am not a robot" checkbox, and upload.. ..but after it uploads, it forces you to click a submit button for no reason at all. The only reason I can think of for that button existing, is it makes users forget to click it which in turn doesnt update the app until it is clicked. The roku app process is needlessly riddled with click this, click that.. I agree :)

post-3958-0-23512500-1487957941_thumb.jpg@@Luke, I would..except I have a couple other tuners that Emby doesn't recognize (an Hauppauge HDPVR and an analog device)

@@ebr, I just submitted a log to you.  I was on the "BIGFLOSS2" server, and at 12:32:00 attempted to open the Guide and nothing happened, 

then at 12:32:30 attempted to tune to live channel WAGA, and the spinning dashes came up and stayed up indefinitely.  I could tell from my desktop NextPVR was never engaged it seems..whereas if I try to tune to a live channel with the Roku 2.25 release, no problems..

I've attached one screen shot related to the live channel launch attempt..thanks!

Yeah I've had the same thing happen before. Oops.. Forgot to hit submit..lol

You did the "Preview and Update", pick a PKG, click the "I am not a robot" checkbox, and upload.. ..but after it uploads, it forces you to click a submit button for no reason at all. The only reason I can think of for that button existing, is it makes users forget to click it which in turn doesnt update the app until it is clicked. The roku app process is needlessly riddled with click this, click that.. I agree :)

The reason it works that way is you are supposed to preview the build on a device before actually submitting it.  Since this is a private beta and I always have just pulled it off my device, that is never necessary but I understand why they have it done this way.

The guide isn't showing because the request to load channels is timing out.  It looks like it only has a 10 second timeout on it so I'll try increasing that.

Maybe that will also fix the playback issue but I'm not sure yet.  Thanks.

The reason it works that way is you are supposed to preview the build on a device before actually submitting it. Since this is a private beta and I always have just pulled it off my device, that is never necessary but I understand why they have it done this way.

I dont mean, test the app. Obviously you do when you upload zips to the roku, then run the packager and obtain the pkg.

I meant, as a private channel with no approval process, it is quite odd. You upload the pkg file to roku, and check the im not a robot box, then hit upload. After that it shows your pkg staged, you then have to do the extra step to submit.

I guess this is to avoid the perhaps common "oh shi7, I uploaded wrong one!" type mistakes. After you upload, then you verify the right one was uploaded and hit submit. Its that eztra step of having to hit submit after you upload that is easy to miss. The submit button appears offscreen at the bottom you have to scroll to. You have to remember everytime to scroll down there and press it.

As a public channel, I see the reasoning for submit after upload. But the potential to forget to click that is always high.

This is what I meant by it isnt your fault the app didnt update, even though it was you that forgot to hit submit. It is rokus ridiculous flow of click this, click that, to get the app updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi ebr,

I just sent you another log after updating to .19...still nothing is loading for Guide after repeated clicks (although now I do get a "Channels not available yet please try again in a few seconds popup), and tuning to a live channel still goes to the spinning dishes indefinitely.

I am however able to go to the Live TV menu now, go to the bottom where is says "All Channels" and click that and after several seconds they all come up.  That hadn't happened before.

In the log:

15:55:00 Clicked guide, popup to wait appears

15:55:30 Clicked guide again, same popup

15:56:00 Tried to tune to live channel, spinning dishes that wouldn't go away

Thanks!

Allenjs5

attachicon.gif2017-02-24 12.33.58.jpg@@Luke, I would..except I have a couple other tuners that Emby doesn't recognize (an Hauppauge HDPVR and an analog device)

@@ebr, I just submitted a log to you.  I was on the "BIGFLOSS2" server, and at 12:32:00 attempted to open the Guide and nothing happened, 

then at 12:32:30 attempted to tune to live channel WAGA, and the spinning dashes came up and stayed up indefinitely.  I could tell from my desktop NextPVR was never engaged it seems..whereas if I try to tune to a live channel with the Roku 2.25 release, no problems..

I've attached one screen shot related to the live channel launch attempt..thanks!

I have also submitted a log from "Media Server".  At about 3:55pm I opened the guide and that did work, however, tuning to channel 7.1 WVII left me with the spinning dashes.  Much like bishoph, NextPVR never seems to engage.   Does still work in the regular emby app.

bishoph - your channel load still timed out.  How many channels do you have?  Not sure why NextPVR is taking so long to return those.

On both of your playback requests it looks like the call to get information on the stream just never returns.  May be a similar time out.

Hi @@ebr, I have 176 channels, NPVR is set to 14 days of program guide data. I do know it takes "refresh guide" in the Emby dashboard as much as 2-3 hours sometimes. I can/will play with all that, yea perhaps it's way too much metadata.

As far as grabbing the stream, not sure on that one...it works fine in the Emby release 2.25. I do remember when that newer version of the Emby Roku app came out, I had a similar issue and I believe Luke increased the client's timeout length for opening the live stream and it fixed.

Thanks!

rbeier1221

I've been experiencing this issue as well, for about a week now. I know I had channels working before, even had tested pausing live TV. I can get the guide to work just fine, but I also get the spinning dashes when trying to start a live stream. I have 29 channels with NextPVR connected to a 4 tuner Hauppauge card. Not sure how to do the logs but I'll be happy to figure it out and upload if needed.

Edit: meant to add I just upgraded to 20 and tried it with the same results. 

Edit 2: Just sent you the logs (12:20 central). I did have to completely back out of Emby first. 

Edited by rbeier1221