MB Classic - No Items to Show

darron.lowe
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

darron.lowe
Hi,

Long time user of Media Browser and more recently MB3 and MB Classic.

have been happily using the setup with out issue, however recently it stopped working - I assume this issue is caused by a recent update, although I am not 100% sure of the cause.

MB Server, and MB Theater are both fine, as is the web browser.  This only affect MB Classic.

The issue is, when opening MB Classic from within MCE, the app loads and shows 'No Items' or 'No Items' (depending on theme used).  There are no in-app errors and the configurator app is fine, i am also able to browse by genre or actor and select the film from there to watch with no issues.

I am on Win 8.1, fully patched running MB Classic 3.0.117.0 B1-23.1 and server 3.0.5135.31685.

The logs appear fine with the exception on one entry copied below.

2014-02-05 04:04:20.5673,Error,,Async thread threw the following exception:  ( Exception.  Type=System.InvalidOperationException Msg=Failed to compare two elements in the array. Src=mscorlib Method=Sort Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys,, Int32 index,, Int32 length,, IComparer`1 comparer) [n]    at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array,, Int32 index,, Int32 length,, IComparer`1 comparer) [n]    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Int32 index,, Int32 count,, IComparer`1 comparer) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Entities.Folder.Sort(IComparer`1 sortFunction,, Boolean notifyChange) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Entities.Folder.Sort(IComparer`1 sortFunction) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Code.ModelItems.FolderChildren.<>c__DisplayClass5.<Sort>b__3() [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Threading.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Queue>b__3() ),29,Worker thread for Background Sorter

MBClassic-52201427eb7496d00445daab1bef35da51e6b0.txt

I have tried to resolve this by re-installing MB Classic, both with and without deleting all config files and have also upgraded the server to the latest DEV version (and since downgraded again) with no change.

Please help!

Regards
Darron
Edited by darron.lowe

• Solution

Open MBC and go to the config page.

Turn off "Enable EHS" in View Options.

Go back to your root folder and bring up the view menu and confirm that the sort option is set to "Name".

If it is not, note what it is set to and let me know.

• Like 1

darron.lowe

Hi, you are a star!

EHS was off before but defaulted to on after the uninstall and delete of config.

When I checked the sort order it was on year initially, and changing it to name cured the issu as suggested. Oddly enough setting it back to year didn't break it!?!?

Anyway, all back to normal now and have a happy family again!

Thanks again.