New vertical series view

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

A bit of a delay is a nice feature. Really missing the added art, would love if banners could be used somewhere as well. I'm assuming the movie/series counter will be back again? I like to see how much crap I have  ;) . On that note as well, is it possible for the counter to show total movies instead of total items? Collections makes for an inaccurate assessment of number of movies.

On that note as well, is it possible for the counter to show total movies instead of total items? Collections makes for an inaccurate assessment of number of movies.

That would be very confusing as those counters are for the current list of items and usually also show the position you are in (45 of 546).

Jack Burton

That would be very confusing as those counters are for the current list of items and usually also show the position you are in (45 of 546).

Good Point. Guess I'm just saying a total number of movies somewhere would be nice

Koleckai Silvestri

Good Point. Guess I'm just saying a total number of movies somewhere would be nice

I've tried getting this for three years. Used to work around this limitation by setting my admin user so that items were not grouped into collections. Then they made that a global setting that applied to every user. Very disappointing that I can't look at my movie library and see the total number of movies in it.

Not a vertical view issue though.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

• 10 months later...

Emby Theater now has sorting, filtering, and view settings on just about every screen. You can now enjoy:

• Sort order remembered
  • Filters remembered
  • Choose between poster view and list view
  • In poster view you can choose the image you want to use (primary, thumb, etc)
  • You can even hide the title underneath posters if you want

Enjoy.

• 2 years later...

Theater now has the virtual scrolling feature for vertical lists:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82293-44012-virtual-scrolling/

That means the lists will no longer load your entire library contents all at once and will instead only load what you see at once. This will help make the entire app more responsive and improve navigation performance.