Beta - Glitch at end of episodes

dcook

So I noticed in the Beta when watching an episide at the end it freezes for a microsecond and then replays a second or two from earlier in the episode.

Once it replays those seconds again it then goes back to the episode menu.

Edited by dcook

Happy2Play

Sound like the HLS Direct Streaming issues that has been reported a couple times.

I bet only the audio track is being converted on the media you are seeing this happen to, correct?

Happy2Play

Your video is copy and audio converted.  There are a couple post on this Direct Stream issue.

Happy2Play

I know Luke is trying to figure a way around the issue.

Edited by Happy2Play

This is a trade-off. Ease transcoding and introduce issues with keyframes ...or... fully transcode and hit the cpu harder? To be or not to be?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/40510-blue-neon-light-ending-file-playback/?p=378543

Could be worse, on AppleTV the issue causes the video to just abruptly stop without reaching the entire end. I would rather have looping, than aborted playback and missing the end of everything.

• Like 1

Can this be an advanced option then?

I would rather transcode then have it rewind and replay at the end of every episode or movie.

This is a trade-off. Ease transcoding and introduce issues with keyframes ...or... fully transcode and hit the cpu harder? To be or not to be?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/40510-blue-neon-light-ending-file-playback/?p=378543

Could be worse, on AppleTV the issue causes the video to just abruptly stop without reaching the entire end. I would rather have looping, than aborted playback and missing the end of everything.

Yes, unfortunately, this is not unique to the beta or even Roku.  It is an issue with trying to convert only part of the item on the fly and then deliver it via the protocol that the Roku wants.

Guest Grace1313

Kind of along those lines, has anyone noticed sometimes when starting a show you get the larger retrieving line and then a smaller loading line after that?

Kind of along those lines, has anyone noticed sometimes when starting a show you get the larger retrieving line and then a smaller loading line after that?

That is something completely different and is related to the player loading the proper audio/subtitle streams.

• 2 weeks later...
dcook

This bug seems to be getting worse.

Now in the non preview app, sometimes the last few seconds of the show is being repeated not once but 2 or 3 times before it returns back to the Episode Menu

Can this bug be moved up the priority list?

Happy2Play

This bug seems to be getting worse.

Now in the non preview app, sometimes the last few seconds of the show is being repeated not once but 2 or 3 times before it returns back to the Episode Menu

Can this bug be moved up the priority list?

This has been in all apps that use HLS.  The longer the media the more repeat segments that happen.

Edited by Happy2Play

dcook

This has been in all apps that use HLS.  The longer the media the more repeat segments that happen.

Ok, can it be addressed soon?  If its a known bug in other apps as well, should it not have high priority?

Happy2Play

They have been trying to find a workaround for the issue.  But currently haven't been able to.  And there would be more complaints with a full transcode over taxing low powered servers.

dcook

If you don't want to fix the issue because low power servers would be over taxed, can we have an optional setting then to fix the issue?

I am not concerned with low power servers, I have plenty of CPU cores.

Having the show or movie repeat few seconds 2 or 3 times is the biggest problem I have and what my family and friends are complaining about the most.

They have been trying to find a workaround for the issue.  But currently haven't been able to.  And there would be more complaints with a full transcode over taxing low powered servers.