Cast not being accepted

Casperfan

Casperfan

Hi there,

Emby is skipping certain actors from my metadata file nfo (Created by me and not Emby).

After the video arrives on Emby, it skips certain people and refuses to accept the names when done thru Emby. 

Example (Mario Benedet, Josh Milk) (these are not actual celebs, just regular guys)

Thanks

HI, Emby doesn't refuse anything related to that. Can you please describe in more detail what exactly you are doing? thanks !

Casperfan

Sure, 

1) select the file thru Emby  meta manager

2) selected "People"

3) entered name with "actor" and his role "car driver" [and then saved it]

4) Shows up on main page for all the metadata

4) Saved the entire file and exited

5) Returned to meta manager and checked on the file. Changes were not accepted (the file is not locked)

P.S. the video info is not available any where online and it is under the movie section, but it in a main folder that is not supposed to research online for info, just grab what data is listed in the nfo (mine)

Happy2Play

Sorry, but you have to perform a Library scan for Emby to read the new changes.

Sorry, but you have to perform a Library scan for Emby to read the new changes.

No, this isn't necessary if he made the changes in the Emby UI.

Happy2Play

Sure, 

1) select the file thru Emby  meta manager

2) selected "People"

3) entered name with "actor" and his role "car driver" [and then saved it]

4) Shows up on main page for all the metadata

4) Saved the entire file and exited

5) Returned to meta manager and checked on the file. Changes were not accepted (the file is not locked)

P.S. the video info is not available any where online and it is under the movie section, but it in a main folder that is not supposed to research online for info, just grab what data is listed in the nfo (mine)

Following these steps I had no issues adding actors in multiple movies I just tested on.  Refreshing the page or exiting and returning to the media all edits were still there.

Casperfan

I still did not get them to show up. I actually reinstalled the server and listed them as Mario Benedet (xx), Josh Milk (xx). This was the only was to get them visable and accepted. Thank for the help anyways. 

Happy2Play

Do you see the nfo being updated when you hit save?  Do you have "Save metadata and images" enable per library?

Hi, I can confirm Casperfan’s problem. When you add a movie with only local metadata, so without a TheMoviedb id. Emby cannot pull the people information in the context of a movie but only does a string search on the name “Mario Benedet”, the result that Emby gets is “Mario Benedetti”. “Mario Benedet” is an adult actor and Emby ignores them. This wouldn’t be a problem if Emby wasn’t changing the “Titel” field (from the person’s profile) from “Mario Benedet” to “Mario Benedetti”, the result is that the person is being removed from the movie. Whenever the “Titel” field is different from images by names folder name there seems to be a problem.

So to solve this you have to search for “Mario Benedetti” and change the name field back to “Mario Benedet” and other information, like the correct TheMoviedb id.

To be complete, I can also say that I didn’t have a problem with “Josh Milk”, when I did a search on Themoviedb I didn’t get any results (I wasn’t logged in themoviedb, to simulate Emby’s behavior). So in this case the title field wasn’t changed and didn’t disappear from the movie.

Happy2Play
Example (Mario Benedet, Josh Milk) (these are not actual celebs, just regular guys)

As long as the people records already exist, you can add them to any movie you want without a online search.

So you go to your people's folder (/metadata/people/) and add a folder for them and put whatever image you like in there.  Now add them to any movie.

If no people record exist then yes you will have problem adding fake actors.

Edited by Happy2Play

Hi Happy2Play, your sugestion doesn't work and is not really the problem here. You can add an poster image to people folder and emby will pick it up, no problem. But the problem is that the title field of the person is different than the people folder.

As a quick test a have added myself to a movie profile using your procedure. Created a folder "./metadata/people/p/Pete MB" and added a poster image to it, then I added myself to a movie with the metadata manager, after I save the profile my name is added to profile and appears without an image. But now comes the problem, when I click on my name to look at my profile emby will try to look up more information at themoviedb and updates my profile with the wrong information, Emby will change the title field from "Pete MB" to "Peter Mbwago" and I will not be listed anymore to movie I just added.

Happy2Play

Emby will change the title field from "Pete MB" to "Peter Mbwago"

Not sure why the mis-identify happened but yes if there is a mis-match from folder and title name actor disappears.  So I created and locked the actor name.

58b08a4e8896e_cast.jpg