Questions around 3 library entries for recorded items

BAS
Go to solution Solved by mastrmind11,

So I have been investing some more time on the Live TV side. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong as when I setup some organization to my recording folder I'm forced into having 3 library entries on my main screen.  Is this the default behavior? Is there anyway to have the organization folders but not get new library entries added to home screen?

58ac3b4027558_Untitled2.jpg

As soon as I set those paths, my home screen libraries look like this. 

58ac3b730fbdd_Untitled1.jpg

Which really makes no sense to me to add additional library entries to home screen because when I click recordings I get this.

58ac3c7e15e67_3.jpg

So what I'm after is no additional library entries for recorded organization folders on home screen. The goal is me putting these into organized folders is to eventually add the tv recording path into my main TV library entry and the same with Movies eventually.

Thanks.

Edited by BAS

Adding the recording locations to your existing libraries will do what you're looking for.

So if set these paths inside of my TV and Movies library entries I can then remove the custom library entries that the server auto generates but until I do that it will continue to make these library entries for recorded movies and series?

• Solution
mastrmind11

So if set these paths inside of my TV and Movies library entries I can then remove the custom library entries that the server auto generates but until I do that it will continue to make these library entries for recorded movies and series?

They will remove themselves once you merge them into your main libraries... at least that's how it's worked in my experience trying to accomplish the same thing.

• Like 1

They will remove themselves once you merge them into your main libraries... at least that's how it's worked in my experience trying to accomplish the same thing.

Very interesting. Seems odd that until I do that there is no way to eliminate them populating on the home screen as libraries. Thanks for the info.

Those 3 paths have to exist in your Emby library somewhere. If not, then separate libraries will be created.