Recording Groups Don't Show Up

jje4th

On Emby Theater - both the desktop and UWP app - Recording Groups don't show up under "Latest Recordings".  They do appear on both the Web App and the iOS app. Just a not yet implemented feature?  

Also as a suggestion - it would be good to show the name of the episode (and possibly date) when viewing recordings inside a Series Recording group.  Otherwise all items have the same title.  

Hi @@jje4th, welcome. This just hasn't been added yet. It will get done though, hopefully you can see now the Live TV screens are moving at a nice pace.

For the title you mention, is it currently showing the way you want in the web app, or does your suggestion apply to there as well? Thanks !

Thanks, Luke.  My suggestion applies to the web app as well.  Here's an example - to get to this screen I clicked on the "Madam Secretary" group so I know that's the show.  Putting the show title on each episode isn't very helpful.  Episode name & record date would be MUCH more useful (and if you had to pick only 1, record date would be most useful).

58ae45b69267c_embyscreenshot.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
jamesandjosiebrown

Hi,

Just wanting to check that this is still the case? That you can't access recorded shows from the Theatre app, only from the web version?

Thought I was going crazy until I stumbled upon this.

James

• 2 months later...
jamesandjosiebrown

Hey Luke,

Has this function progressed at all? Is it likely that it will be coming soon?

I paid for a lifetime sub after using the free Windows Media Centre plugin for many years, with the end of Windows 7 coming, thought I should start to switch over to a replacement for WMC.

Live TV and viewing recorded TV was the main deciding factor to for choosing Emby Premium/Theatre. So currently in a broken state of having to switch between WMC, Emby Plugin for WMC and Theatre. Not good for Logitech IR remote control.

Regards,

James

Not yet, sorry, but in the meantime all recordings should be accessible, just not yet through the recording groups structure.

• 3 months later...
jamesandjosiebrown

Hey Luke and Team.

Has there been any progress on this feature being added to theatre?

Its been just over 6 months of me having a premium account without being able to use it.

If it's not coming in the next month, can I please have a refund? I paid for the lifetime membership.

Regards,

James

Hi Luke, I'm using a Hauppauge HVR-2210 dual tuner TV PCIe card. Emby has picked it up nicely.

Ah, you're on the new beta with native Hauppauge support?

jamesandjosiebrown

No, I have a plugin that picks up tuners from Windows Media Center.,It worked quite well it even preserves the recording schedule in both.

I will have to try the new built in tuner support out. Will it interrupt the recording schedule of WMC?

• 2 months later...
riverboat2001

I'm wondering if this has progressed, as I'm in the same boat I did post about it ages ago, but under a slightly different heading.