Beta - Home screen showing ON NOW for all users

BAS

.17 I have permissions turned off for most of my users for any type of Live TV functionality. Users that don't have permissions are still seeing the ON NOW section on home screen of the app and regardless of their permissions they can access and play any live tv feed featured in ON NOW.

Edited by BAS

User permissions on the server, Allow Live TV Access, Allow Live TV Recording Management are turned off for my external users. As stated in the main post, with these options off I would imagine ON NOW shouldn't be a choice at all, but if it is, they should definitely not be allowed to start a Live TV stream but they did and can.

With those options off, do you get a "Live TV" library item in the first row?

Nope they do not see Live TV as a library option. Just the ON NOW section when they scroll the main home page list of the app.

Okay, thanks.  I think I have that handled now.

However I noticed that, if I disable access to Live TV it also appears to disable access to latest recordings.  There is still access to the recordings library but if I query for latest recordings I get no results.  This doesn't seem correct to me but it is at the server end I believe.

Guest Grace1313

Not sure Why but around the same time as bas, i noticed this also and I've never used live tv. The next time i used emby it was fixed.