Install issue - Synology RS815+, Docker, Emby Server

tgmcpa
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi guys...I've been using Emby for a few months on my iMac, decided to spring for a new NAS, settled on Synology RS815+ w/6GB RAM and 4 8TB drives. I've successfully set up shared folders for my media and copied the media from my old NAS. Installed Docker, and successfully installed and set up Sonarr and CouchPotato in Docker containers, both running great. Tried setting up Emby Server in a Docker container, but could never get Emby to accept the shared media folders, even after ensuring I added EmbyServer as a user on both media folders. Read all the help I could find online, including the wiki's, but no luck. I found the Emby Server package that runs on Synology NAS outside of Docker, so tried it, and it works great! But I want it run thE Docker version...so how do I get it to accept my shared media folders?

Log file attached, if that will help.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

server-63623193482.txt

Edited by tgmcpa

• Solution

Hi, why not just use our Synology package? The Docker option will work, but we are not giving it as much testing as the dedicated Synology package. Therefore, there might be installation steps that are required that we haven't yet documented. I assume you have read through our general docker instructions:

https://emby.media/docker-server.html

Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• Like 1