Movies not able to skip forward = always restarts movie

Vegemeister

Guest asrequested

yes, server was reinstalled too, has a fresh install worked for anyone else?

Try playing something then post the theater log for that.

mystic.bertie

Try playing something then post the theater log for that.

Due to work i have not had much time to spare, i had a lot of trouble using Emby last night, it did not seem to recognise the new mkv movies i added even after a scan, i reinstalled the server and emby theatre, i got it working but it still skips to the beginning when i try to play a mkv file so this is not just bluray folders its doing it with. Ill try and post a log soon.

mystic.bertie

Ok i dont know if i was imagining things or not but the mkv files would not play 2 nights ago, now they play fine and it is by direct play, the bluray folders are still showing as trans-coding  and i cant skip forward as previously mentioned. I have attached a log file for a mkv movie i watched for a few minutes and then skipped a few times to the end. The movie started at 21.45. 

Log.txt

mystic.bertie

It will direct play if Theater has direct access to that L: folder.

Hi Luke can you figure out anything from my log file i posted. MKV is fine but folder rips dont skip forward. I freshly installed server and theater.

drjonz

M2TS files which used to be able to fast forward no longer can.  I'm on Emby Server 3.2.7.0 and it's been that way for a few weeks now - any attempt to fast forward results in the moving starting over.  

Now that being said if you cannot reproduce it, I'm happy to blow away my Movie library and have it rescan.  I'm also happy to post logs if that is helpful.  

Win10 1607, Emby Server 3.2.7.0 (beta channel for months now), and latest Emby Theater 2.5.38.

Guest asrequested

M2TS files which used to be able to fast forward no longer can.  I'm on Emby Server 3.2.7.0 and it's been that way for a few weeks now - any attempt to fast forward results in the moving starting over.  

Now that being said if you cannot reproduce it, I'm happy to blow away my Movie library and have it rescan.  I'm also happy to post logs if that is helpful.  

Win10 1607, Emby Server 3.2.7.0 (beta channel for months now), and latest Emby Theater 2.5.38.

That's not the beta server. Beta is up to 3.2.8.2. If you want to run beta, download it from the site and install over the top.

drjonz

Yeah, that's right, one of the updates wouldn't take so I did a manual install and must have grabbed the non beta channel.  Which is fine.  But the question still remains.  If this is not an issue others are seeing, I'll go blow my library away and see if that helps.

mystic.bertie

As I already mentioned it happens to me and I think the OP too. I freshly installed server and ET it was a waste of time, no improvement.

drjonz

Yeah I just checked with a friend who did a fresh install.  Same issue.  Brother: same issue.  Son-in-law: same issue.  It seems any attempt to use any controls other than pause forces the movie to start over.  Because this thread is 6 pages deep, I wonder if we need to start a new thread.

mystic.bertie

Weird, i converted one of my bluray folder rip movies into an mkv file, i put in in a movie folder on a different drive on my pc, deleted the original one, then done a media scan, when i played the movie and tried to skip the movie was restarting, i restarted my pc and then it works fine the mkv can be skipped forward. Bluray folder still have this problem too. 

Mopar_Mudder

I have the same thing, some days it works and some days it doesn't. Same thing with picking a chapter to start at. Most the time no mater what chapter you pick it will start at the beginning. Actually I have been really frustrated at theater lately, 50% of the time it won't even play a movie, when it does it takes forever to start. This even goes for simple DVD rips to folders.

Guest asrequested

Weird, i converted one of my bluray folder rip movies into an mkv file, i put in in a movie folder on a different drive on my pc, deleted the original one, then done a media scan, when i played the movie and tried to skip the movie was restarting, i restarted my pc and then it works fine the mkv can be skipped forward. Bluray folder still have this problem too.

Just move it to the top folder and delete the others, then run a scan.

mystic.bertie

It was in the folder  D;/Movies/ Xmen for example. I converted another mkv movie and it played fine first time so i can predict when this happens.

drjonz

So while this has worked for months\years, folder rips just have stopped working other than play\pause.  What changed?  What can I do here?

mystic.bertie

Only with folder rips though, correct?

Luke is this being looked into. Im having to remux the movies to an mkv file just so i can play the movies properly. 

@@mystic.bertie, as a test, would you mind doing a full uninstall + reinstall of Emby Theater? I want to make certain all of the internal components are up to their latest version. Thanks !

Mopar_Mudder

Don't know if it is too long ago but I did a full uninstall of server and theater about a month ago. And the problem is still present.

mystic.bertie

@@mystic.bertie, as a test, would you mind doing a full uninstall + reinstall of Emby Theater? I want to make certain all of the internal components are up to their latest version. Thanks !

Hi, i just done a fresh install of windows 7 and also emby server and emby theatre. The problem is still there.

mystic.bertie

@@Luke is this something we can fix soon, it has got to the point  i feel like giving up on EMby after many years, i paid as a lifetime supporter too, it seems to be an ongoing battle trying to fix things with Emby Theatre or Server. Its a pain having to unzip some iso (dont play BD iso) movies twice because Emby wont play the Bluray folders (wont skip forward during playback), i also have to remux each movie to an mkv file now.