Movies not able to skip forward = always restarts movie

Vegemeister

Vegemeister

About two weeks ago Emby Theater for Windows stopped being able to skip around in the movie.

Any attempt to use the skip buttons or to drag the movie to a different location causes the movie to start back from the beginning.

Another oddity is that if I had dragged the ribbon to the middle of the movie for example, the movie would then re-start with the progress ribbon still in the middle where I dragged it but when the ribbon reached the 'end' of what it determined the movie was the movie stops playback at that time instead of playing through to the end.EmbyLogs.txt

Logs attached.

@@Vegemeister, I apologize for the issue, although I am not able to reproduce it. What kind of video file? Can you please supply a copy of the media info as seen from the bottom of the web app detail screen? thanks !

thelangs

I have the same problem. It's a .mkv file, if that helps.  Also, using cursor to move ahead, also causes it to restart.

Theater version 2.5.28

latest server

I have the same problem. It's a .mkv file, if that helps.  Also, using cursor to move ahead, also causes it to restart.

Theater version 2.5.28

latest server

Hi @@thelangs, we're sorry to hear about this. I'm not able to reproduce it. Can you please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue? thanks !

thelangs

Will this is odd.  I tried two different movies, both identically ripped from a bluray disk.  "the legend of Tarzan" and "Avatar"..

Tarzan works just fine, Avatar has the problem where fast forward always reverts back to the beginning. 

I included a fresh log, where the two movies where selected.

Not sure what else you may need.

server-63623525893.txt

thelangs

Update, it's later in the day.. Now all movies don't fast forward..  Yep, this makes a lot of sense.

Attached server log for the whole day, from the beginning when it worked till now.

server-63623525893.txt

Edited by thelangs

LASooner

I believe it has something to do with the media scan, I was having this the other day when my server updated and was scanning my media, after the scan all returned to normal.

Update:  restarted server and we are back where "tarzan" works again, but not "avatar"

Fresh log after restart

hi @@thelangs. unfortunately this log does not contain any media playback activity. did you mean to attach a different one? thanks !

Latchmor

Hi Luke, I had this last night. It happened when I switched subs (srt) on and the server switched to transcoding.

Edit: I should add I only tried one movie as I was trying to see if it already had subs in the video stream so switched them on to read a certain bit of dialogue. Skipped forward a few times and it kept jumping to beginning.

Edited by Latchmor

Guest asrequested

This came up a while back. It was an error with LAV. Try deleting the LAV folder and let it re-download. If that doesn't work, try deleting the contents of the folder, download and unzip LAV in that folder.

thelangs

I believe the standard emby theater doesn't need any extra codec(s), hence there is no LAV installation that I can see.

Could I get a clarification on this ?

Correct yes, it has an embedded version of LAV filters. There are still some rare cases though where it can be affected by system configuration, but that's not typical.

thelangs

If it is the LAV filters and they are embedded, then what is the procedure to update them ?  Would downloading the standalone LAV filters "override" the embedded ?

thelangs

Just another observation, I looked at 20 movies, 10 had the fast-forward issue 10 did not. The 10 that worked, were according to the server "direct Play", the 10 that failed where "transcoding"

Not sure if that helps

Guest asrequested

The ones that have the issue, do they have subs?

Can you post the transcode logs?

Edited by Doofus

thelangs

I completely uninstalled ET and checked to make sure all ET folders were deleted. Re-installed ET.

All movies are working now.  What's odd (But good) is all the movies that were "transcoding" are now "direct play".  So, I can't say if there is still an issue with movies that transcode.