Server - Add active recordings to dashboard

alm7878

alm7878

When prepping to upgrade my Emby server I start by checking the Emby dashboard for active users.  If all is silent I need to go into Server:Live TV to see if there are any HDHomeRun tuners that are active (I have six).  If there are I need to dig a little deeper to determine if these are held by Emby or some other application.  This typically involves leaving the manage server area and go to "Live TV:Recordings"  to see if there are any active Emby recordings.  After I have validated the server is not in use I can perform an update.

It would be extremely convenient to see all Emby activity from the main dashboard.

Thanks.

• Like 6

blade005

When prepping to upgrade my Emby server I start by checking the Emby dashboard for active users.  If all is silent I need to go into Server:Live TV to see if there are any HDHomeRun tuners that are active (I have six).  If there are I need to dig a little deeper to determine if these are held by Emby or some other application.  This typically involves leaving the manage server area and go to "Live TV:Recordings"  to see if there are any active Emby recordings.  After I have validated the server is not in use I can perform an update.

It would be extremely convenient to see all Emby activity from the main dashboard.

Thanks.

@@alm7878

Totally agree. Really hope @@Luke moves this up the to do list. Really would be helpful to go to the Dashboard View and see all ACTIVE DEVICES/STREAMS and ACTIVE RECORDINGS in the same place for better management.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38584-live-tv-recordings-in-progress-dashboard-view/

Edited by blade005

• 4 months later...
CBers

I reckon this was first requested over a year ago...

And still not implemented, even though "it's a good idea"!

Spaceboy

probably almost 2 now

BAlGaInTl

I reckon this was first requested over a year ago...

probably almost 2 now

The difference now is that the TV support is native.  I would definitely like to see this feature as well.

Spaceboy

The difference now is that the TV support is native.  I would definitely like to see this feature as well.

its irrelevant to non-native TV as restarting the server can't impact a recording on a different piece of software

BAlGaInTl

its irrelevant to non-native TV as restarting the server can't impact a recording on a different piece of software

That's what I was saying I think.

If it was asked for 2 years ago, it wasn't as relevant as it is now.  It's only been really relevant since Live TV went native.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

so, what this really needs to top it off is for the emby icon in the windows tray to turn red while a recording is in progress. now what does that remind me of........?

• Like 1

Yea, that would be windows-specific development which can be costly for us. I would like to re-do the whole tray icon with electron so that it will work with every OS and then that type of thing will definitely be on the radar.