Trakt: Wrong time

psxlover

psxlover

I'm using the trakt plugin, and I just noticed that it is reporting the wrong time to the server when marking a show as watched. I just marked a couple of episodes and instead of 23:30 which was the time, trakt shows that I watched them at 01:30 the next day.

My guess is this is a timezone issue. I live in UTC+2, and the trakt setting is set to that hour. The plug-in is probably using the local time while trakt expects a UTC time, and then trakt adds another 2 hours to match the timezone.

I think that it is sending UTC because I don't see anything in the code converting to local - in other words, our dates are always UTC to begin with. Can you try to prove this perhaps by sniffing the transmission?

psxlover

No idea how since the communication is encrypted.

When you say all dates are UTC, do you mean the dates associated with trakt plugin, or all the dates in empy? Cause at least the logs are using local times.

logs are local but all dates in the database are utc, and all the dates that the plugin are working with are utc.

• 4 weeks later...
elsker

I am noticing this same bug. When I watch a show or movie it reports the correct time to trakt but if I manually mark it watched in emby it reports it to trakt as 11 hours in the future. My timezone is UTC+10 but we're in DST so it would be UTC+11. I suspect this is an emby issue not an issue with the plugin though as I am noticing that the emby plugin for kodi is also doing the same thing. Could it be that the emby server is recording the time wrong when we mark it watched manually?

MrWebsmith

havent noticed yet... ill try to confirm either way and report back here

@@MrWebsmith have you seen this?

I just manually marked a movie watched at 2:20 PM EST in Emby on trakt it reports me as watching it at 10:20 AM EST. I have verified on trakts website that my time zone is set correctly for my profile via the settings area. 

Edited by BAS

I also just confirmed, that when I actually hit the play button trakt reports the time correctly. So it only seems to be when you mark it manually watched in Emby that there is some time discrepancy problem.

Edited by BAS

MrWebsmith

yes.. as an fyi/check in... i have confirmed what BAS is saying on my setup.. the reported time is off when the MANUAL MARK WATCHED gets reported to trakt.tv ...   when you are actually watching via the play function, all is ok as reported.. its only the "checkmark" way that seems to do this.

• 2 months later...
MSattler

This seems to be the newest Trakt post.   Is there an active dev on this?  Is this on github?

• 1 month later...
JoshuaAJones

I'm still getting this problem, as well.

Only when manually clicking watched does the Trakt time show the incorrect time.

It reports the UTC time to Trakt, not the Emby App time (which is still off by an hour due to DST).

• 4 months later...

Our Trakt plugin has been updated to 3.1.2. Due to Trakt API changes, you will need to install the update, and then re-authenticate using the trakt plugin configuration screen.

In addition, there are improvements to the Trakt syncing process. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !