Emby as Server for paid streaming?

dcook

Is anyone using Emby as a server for paid streaming ?

I am looking at possibly using it to stream in-house videos to our clients, but I am not sure how viable or mature Emby is to handle this?

Questions:

Can I have users sign in with email address / password ?  

Can I restrict my users to have one login session at a time?  (To prevent account sharing)

Can they request/signup for an account via Emby ?

Is there a way of having default permissions for all new user accounts created ?  Or can we have user groups with defined permissions?

How would it work with Premiere?  Could I buy a Premiere Server license so my users don't get the delay in watching with the buy premiere ad?

I have not looked at Plex yet so I don't know if that is a better/ more advanced option?

legallink

In short you've got to contact @@ebr for a commercial license.

As to your questions, as far as I am aware (and there are clearly people that are more versed on a variety of things than I am)

1. Email address/password is managed only through emby connect, unless you put the user name as the email address and assign a password.

2. Currently this is not yet implemented.

3. Anyone can create an account on the emby forum and have it used for emby connect.

4. I'm not aware of this being implemented.

5. You need to contact @@ebr for this.

6. I'm not aware of the state of plex on these issues.

@@Luke Is there an API with Emby?  And if there is no current API is there any plans to have one in the future?

For what specifically?

Our entire system is built around our API.

For example an API that would allow me to setup accounts and their library/profile settings?

As it is now there is no groups or anything so to create multiple accounts takes a long time since everything is manual.

Looking for ways that I can add/remove/edit users via api so I can script it?

For what specifically?

Our entire system is built around our API.

The server configuration pages built into Emby are nothing but a web app utilizing our API for all of those functions so, yes, that would be possible.

However, those parts of the API are not really designed for general application development so are not really documented like the more heavily utilized ones.  However, the web dashboard could be used as a guide.

Also, we would like to provide things like user templating and groups etc. in the future (but cannot promise exactly when).

Any way to customize the login screen?  For example to remove the Emby Connect, and Add Server options?

I would just like a sign page for username/email and password that is all?

Happy2Play

Any way to customize the login screen?  For example to remove the Emby Connect, and Add Server options?

I would just like a sign page for username/email and password that is all?

No you can not customize the "app.emby.media" login screen.

Now if you are talking about a connection directly to Emby (IP or DDNS) then that is another story as those options don't appear there.

I am talking about the login screen that my devices get when connecting to my emby server, so Roku for example?  

Is there a way to make it just the login/password and hide all the other options?

No you can not customize the "app.emby.media" login screen.

Now if you are talking about a connection directly to Emby (IP or DDNS) then that is another story as those options don't appear there.

Happy2Play

Every App has there own login mechanism to no.  So any requests would have to be made for each individual app.