Offline sync: Problem with Artist names ending with "."

tobedeleted

tobedeleted

When I try to sync artists like "R.E.M." to my Android phone, every song gets in its own artist folder, named "R.E.M" (without dot), "R.E.M." (correct), "R.E.M. (1)" and so on. For every single song!

Any remedy??

(Server 3.2.1.0 on Linux, Android client 2.8.67 (should be the most recent versions).

tobedeleted

At the time of the first post I had thought of a merely cosmetical problem.

But as during the rest of today Emby tried syncing the songs of the dot-ending artists over and over again, creating dozens of numbered artist folders for them and never finishing, yes, that's exactly the problem!

tobedeleted

On the Android device? Yes, I'm syncing to the external SD card, using the document provider.

content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/1234-5678%3A

The 1234-5678 is the UID of the card, I don't know what %3A is (maybe '/'). I selected the root of the SD card, as the sync process itself always creates another subfolder with the name of the media server (which is useless for me, as I only use one server).

tobedeleted

I'm signed in to the beta programm, however, as I don't use Google Play (MicroG + Yalp Store instead), I don't really know if I have the current beta.

If com_mb_android-200008732.apk is the most recent version, this one still doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
tobedeleted

Is there any progress with this issue? The problem is not only the multiple folders when artists end with ".", but also that the synchronisation always gets stuck. Songs of these artists simple seem to get synced over and over again.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok I'll keep testing, thanks. It's odd because I'm able to sync the very same artist with no problem.

tobedeleted

Why not simply convert those problematic characters to an underscore or something like that? Lots of desktop software dealing with music files on different filesystems do that. Looks a bit awkward, but works.

Frankly, this problem has not found a clean solution for months, so even something quick & dirty would be welcome ;-) .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...