Sub-Folder listings not available for AndroidTV (non-TV version has it)

wawilmsn

wawilmsn

I have a lot of episodes the same show - different episodes, but they are not in the format "name s02e12".  I have the ones for one show in a single folder - just not the right format.  The mobile version - under Folders - shows the sub-folders. That makes it easy to find the show and episode I want. The TV version has a folder listing, but does not show any sub folders. Is there any way to get this feature in the TV version?

wawilmsn

Thanks -- I tried to make it clear before, and don't want to tie things up with too many words, but -- just to describe my file system: I have a lot of - especially kids - ripped DVDs. Thinks like the whole box-set of "Tail Spin" or "Duck Tales", or collections of OTA cartoons that I have converted to smaller sizes.  I basically used the main name (e.g. Duck Tales") followed by some description - but had no info on season or episode.  There are too many to convert their names.  To make it useful, I put each group in a folder.  It starts out with a folder of "Video", followed by sub-folders of "kids stuff", "educational", "movies", etc.  Then, each sub-folder has the sub-folders for each series type (like Duck Tales).

Emby for Amazon (and other OS, including the Raspberry Pi) have a folder view. If I click on Folder, I see the library folders.  If I then click on a library folder, I see all of the sub-folders. And, then clicking on the final sub-folder, I see all of the similar show listings.

Emby for Amazon TV has the folder option to click on -- and it shows the library folders.  But, when you open a library folder, you see different type listings, but if you click on "all", you see all of the shows .. mixed together, in one place.  There is no option to see the sub-folders at that level.

I really appreciate your looking at it. With it's ability to use various operating systems -- and to use hardware decoders (especially for MPEG2), Emby is becoming the most advanced, and useful system around.

As a side note -- I am using SageTV currently for PVR functions.  It would be perfect if Emby could read the SageTV OTA recordings and group them. SageTV, unfortunately, uses a single folder for all recordings, but internally groups them into separate listings for each series.

Thanks again for your help.

• 1 year later...
joho500

I second this. The normal Android app does show subfolders when using the folder view, but the Android TV app doesn't. I use it for movies and music as well and it would be very nice if I can use it on my new Android TV box.

Cheers,

Joost

Can you guys show me some screen shots of what you do see?

Thanks.

joho500

Hi Ebt,

I attached pictures to show the difference between phone app and tv app. They show the screen after selecting the folder view and then music or movie. On the phone I see the subfolders (last 2 pictures) but on the tv app I see the normal music or movie view (first two pictures).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Joost

post-93375-0-76235900-1527534145_thumb.jpg

post-93375-0-15759100-1527534169_thumb.jpg

post-93375-0-54131300-1527534196_thumb.png

post-93375-0-04645100-1527534208_thumb.png

Edited by joho500

Hi.  Did you enter the "Folders" view at the top level in the TV app?

• 2 weeks later...
TaurohtaR

Having the same issue on Nvidia Shield that I bought few days ago to fully test Emby capabilities because my previous Android TV Box had issues with 4K playback.

Even with Nvidia Shield plex application working better.

With Emby I have constant slowness when I open it and going to some library sometimes I need to wait for 30 seconds for application to react on my manipulations.

Not all flacs from library is pleyable with Emby when Plex plays them.

I couldn't get what the problem with theme music for TV show. Why it is not downloaded automatically like in Plex. Instead I spent yesterday few hours reading some forums and githubs to find out that I need manually :o download it and put into folder of my TV Show. That is crazy I would say. Sorry, that was just ridiculous to find such amount of preblems in one day of usage Emby and I couldn't left it not posted somewhere.

I give my vote for Emby UI. The way music play UI is awesome in comparison with Plex.

Movie viewing is also looks much pleasant with Emby, especially this movie title in left top corner.

That is sad that such promising application have these problems and it might scary away some users because of this. At least for now I'm going to stick with Plex Premium and going to test Emby in few months, maybe situation will change.

joho500

@@TaurohtaR, you're reply was slightly off-topic... :wacko:

@@ebr, my apologies for my typo in your name before :wacko:  Was the explanation I gave on the problem with the folder views clear to you? Can you reproduce the problem? And hopefully solve it?

Thanks.

Joost