No more able to play in browser

Barlog9511

Barlog9511

Hi

I have a strange issue in my Emby.

I not able to play movie in my browsers ( Chrome, Firefox, Safari= all on latest stable version )

When I play movie on Emby Theater everything is OK, but when I start play in browser nothing work correcly since few days ago

I have Emby on latest FeeNas version 3.1.2

My logs from Emby server are in attached files

movie_1.txt

movie_2.txt

I'm having the same issues as well. Emby works in the browser when I am at home or when I use a VPN to place my IP address back into my home network. When I am away from home and use the app connector to go back to Emby, upon selecting a video to play the program sits and spins and never loads. It does work on my kodi box that uses the app connector to load the library outside my home. That connects and works fine, it's only when loaded in chrome and my IP address is outside the network. I have also rebuilt the ffmpeg pkg from source as specified. This used to work but something has changed. 

Steinar79

I'm having the same issues as well. Emby works in the browser when I am at home or when I use a VPN to place my IP address back into my home network. When I am away from home and use the app connector to go back to Emby, upon selecting a video to play the program sits and spins and never loads. It does work on my kodi box that uses the app connector to load the library outside my home. That connects and works fine, it's only when loaded in chrome and my IP address is outside the network. I have also rebuilt the ffmpeg pkg from source as specified. This used to work but something has changed. 

Maybe related to my issue? No solutions though :(. I was thinking maybe it's automatically playing at lower bitrate and start transcoding outside your home? Just a shot in the dark... 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44740-cannot-play-at-lower-bitrate-seems-like-transcoding-is-not-working/

Not sure, transcoding for me never start. It's as if the command to start and grab the file to start playing, never happens outside my home network when accessed through the browser. 

Steinar79

Not sure, transcoding for me never start. It's as if the command to start and grab the file to start playing, never happens outside my home network when accessed through the browser. 

Excactly what happens to me. When it is supposed to start transcoding, nothing happens. 

Edited by Steinar79

After giving it another shot to remove FFmpeg and reinstall from ports, it seems to work now. We shall see here within this week if this stays true. 

Probably need to look into the command to issue updates and exclude ffmpeg in order to update it from ports. Seems that has caused a few different issues so far when the package gets updated and it messes up my install. 

Edited by JakeByr

post-46596-0-16584400-1488144950_thumb.jpg

Nevermind, looks as though I spoke too soon. Still sits and spins when I try to play a video from outside my home network. Even by going directly to the ip address and port number. The videos do not load and the error logs don't show anything specific. I will upload a log here to pastebin in a minute. 

Edit: Here is a link to the pastebin file which contains the most recent error logged. Also here is a screen show of what happens, or lack of happening from the user facing side. 

http://pastebin.com/JDdDHnz9

Edit#2: After looking over the logs again I was noticing a common error, unable to resolve local IP address and an error in the hosts file not including Emby.local. I adjusted the hosts file and fixed the IP resolving and....it seems to work for now. I'm not sure if that was the only issue but, hopefully this was the fix. 

Edited by JakeByr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Steinar79

Edit#2: After looking over the logs again I was noticing a common error, unable to resolve local IP address and an error in the hosts file not including Emby.local. I adjusted the hosts file and fixed the IP resolving and....it seems to work for now. I'm not sure if that was the only issue but, hopefully this was the fix. 

Thanks Jake, that solved the issue for me as well. In my case I added this in /etc/hosts:  

127.0.0.1 TARKOVSKY

Steinar79

No problem. I can also add that I have Emby installed inside a FreeBSD 11 jail. I couldn't reproduce this problem/bug on an Emby installation outside jail. 

Edited by Steinar79

• 3 months later...
Barlog9511

So, since update 3.2.20 I have this problem again

But now I run my Emby server in Docker image on FreeNAS Coral...

It's bizarre because when I play some movies in browser,

computer download some data from Emby Server,

but then just stop for 10-15 minutes and sometimes film start again

So, since update 3.2.20 I have this problem again

But now I run my Emby server in Docker image on FreeNAS Coral...

It's bizarre because when I play some movies in browser,

computer download some data from Emby Server,

but then just stop for 10-15 minutes and sometimes film start again

Hi @@Barlog9511, we're very sorry to hear about this. In order for us to best help you with this, please discuss an example, and then attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Barlog9511

The logs look OK. have you tried a different file?

Yes I tried it, some file works OK, but majority of movies doesn't function properly in web browser

EDIT:

For example, i tried to video what I watch in web browser before the update to 3.2.20,

ten works fine but nos same problem 

Edited by Barlog9511

What if you lower the in-app quality setting and force them to transcode? 

Barlog9511

What if you lower the in-app quality setting and force them to transcode? 

No, it have the same problem

What exactly occurred? thanks. can you please attach the server and ffmpeg log from that? thanks.

Barlog9511

so this is a screen from server dashboard

server log and transcoding log

and what exactly occurred?

I don't know exactly what happen in server side but on client side looks like server stop send video stream for about 10-15 min

server's CPU use about 5%, and after 10-15 min just grows to 15-20% and everything is just fine ...

When I play movies from theater or mobile phone ( Android and iPhone ) everything works just great, both, direct play and transcoding

Just fyi, I don't know what time your issue occurred, but a remote control stop command came in:

2017-06-21 18:26:20.1687 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.1.231:8096/emby/Sessions/817b16fbc62b810c387be33e2f922ae7/Playing/stop. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.110 Safari/537.36