Menu Items & Skin widgets Issues

inkubux

I have this weird issues that started to pop this week (I tried on Android Kodi (Jarvis / Krypton) / SPMC (16.5) and Kodi Krypton on osx)

When ever I set a custom Menu or Widget with a skin (Mimic & Arctic Zephyr). My main menu  is set like this

Movies:  Videos > Movies  (this one works fine)

TV Shows : Video Ad-Ons > Emby > TV show > Tv Shows  

Kids TV Shows: Video Ad-Ons > Emby > Kids TV show > TV Shows 

Workouts: Video Ad-Ons > Emby > Workouts > TV Shows

(Every section are different libraries in Emby)

When I click on on the Item TV Shows per example and choose a show all Videos will show Node Id instead of episode name. Plus the views I have available are very limited (like if kodi dose not know theses are Tv Shows)

Here is an example in screenshots of the mimic skin. I don't know what changes but it was not like this before.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Everything is fine in the emby app and server side

If I go directly to Ad-Ons > Emby > TV Show > TV Shows   everything is fine but in most skin I can't go there while setting the menu it would stop at "Ad-Ons > Emby > TV Shows" instead which not desirable because I want my shortcut to go directly to the list of tv shows.

Thanks for your help

post-5800-0-24704200-1487085245_thumb.png

post-5800-0-09713100-1487085248_thumb.png

post-5800-0-46228900-1487085250_thumb.png

post-5800-0-97667900-1487085252_thumb.png

I can get around most of this by creating favorites (for menu items) & playlists (for widgets) , but it's cumbersome to do.

I tried other skins like Titan and I still have the same issues

Thanks again for your help

inzombyac

Your shortcuts should go through the Video library instead of Video Add-Ons.  When you go through the Video Add-Ons, the content type will be addon instead of video and Kodi will treat it differently.  You should have an Emby path under Videos so your TV Shows should be this instead: 

TV Shows : Videos > Emby > TV show > Tv Shows  

Your shortcuts should go through the Video library instead of Video Add-Ons.  When you go through the Video Add-Ons, the content type will be addon instead of video and Kodi will treat it differently.  You should have an Emby path under Videos so your TV Shows should be this instead: 

TV Shows : Videos > Emby > TV show > Tv Shows  

This is the heart of my issues, before (last time I settup my kodi about a year ago) I was able to link Menus and Widgets to [Video Library > Emby > TV Shows > TV Shows], but now I can only link to [Video Library > Emby > TV Shows] When creating menu & widgets item, there is a level missing .  I can navigate  there in kodi itself and everything is working fine but not when creating menu items. I tried multiple skins (Titan, Arctic Zephyr / From Ash / Braz, Mimic, Aeon Nox Silvio) all the same result.

What I can do is to create a Favorite in kodi and link the menu there, so it kind of works, but the thing is I was able to quickly do it the right way before. And for the widgets I can use Playlists.

I uploaded another screenshot of when I try to create a menu to I'm at the path  [Video Library > Emby]  and you can see that I cannot go and choose a sub-level there where before I was able to.

58a45340691f9_Capturedecran20170215a0808

arztonyou

When you tried the Titan skin, did you try to set up the menus using the Smart Shortcuts instead of going through the Video library?  There should be a shortcut created for each of your libraries that you can use as menu entries.

I know that won't help for other skins, but it's one more option to try.

francovilar

When you tried the Titan skin, did you try to set up the menus using the Smart Shortcuts instead of going through the Video library? There should be a shortcut created for each of your libraries that you can use as menu entries.

I know that won't help for other skins, but it's one more option to try.

This what I use with Titan skin and works. Before I used the method the op said.

Lawrage

Having setup my shield last night I am trying the Kodi thing as well and ran into this same issue when linking to Movies and TV shows. It will let you go as far as Emby -> TV Shows but then you click the menu link and you have to click on TV Show again.

Is there a manual way to get the actual link code so I can fix this up?

Tried a few skins but am on Aeon Nox at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a similar problem here (Titan skin on Krypton). I've setup a 'UK TV' shortcut on the homescreen linked to a genre of the same name I created in the Emby server. It links my content and they all play fine but the episode names show as numbers instead of the actual titles (see image. I have the same shows in 'TV Shows' via the smart-shortcut method showing their titles perfectly) and Kodi seems to be placing any shortcut with a path to the Emby addon as a 'Music' submenu (see images).

post-185638-0-47443800-1488089086_thumb.png

post-185638-0-47704900-1488089089_thumb.png

post-185638-0-28371900-1488089095_thumb.png

Edited by hoptep