Anyone seen Fatal?

jordy

skidmarks

Still using metabrowser to grab trailers.  I like seeing and picking the trailers that go into my media collections.  Metatbrowser is a great and simple way of getting that job accomplished.

• Like 1

icedragonslair

Quick question, is there a way to turn off emby's scrappers altogether and just make emby read the existing metadata?

Edited by icedragonslair

Quick question, is there a way to turn off emby's scrappers altogether and just make emby read the existing metadata?

Yes, it's in the library pages and is able to be set for each library as you see fit. Just check or uncheck "allow Emby to download metadata from the internet" or something very similar. ☺

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

I am a long time user of MediaMonkey for my music collection, and they do offer file system writing, as well as a very complete metadata tag editing. Once you've used a combo as powerful and efficient as this, its hard to go without.

Beats the hell out of going into Windows, editing file and/or folder, then waiting a minute or two for Emby to update, then having to dive back in detail to re-update Emby. It's basically removing original item and creating a brand new one each time.

Anytime you modify media outside of your media manager, you risk losing info (played status/favorites/collection, etc

The Path field should be unlocked (editable)

58b2d92f6adbd_1.png

Edited by jlr19

58b2d92f6adbd_1.png

We have to be able to uniquely identify every item in your library.  This done using the file path because we know this is guaranteed to be unique among everything addressed in the file system - otherwise the system wouldn't be able to locate it either.

So, if you change the path to an item you are, in effect, deleting one item and adding a different one.

However, we use other IDs if available (like from tmdb or imdb) to track information like favorites and watched status.  So, while you will be deleting and re-adding an item in Emby, you usually will not lose that other information as long as the other external IDs are the same.

• Like 1

I am a long time user of MediaMonkey for my music collection, and they do offer file system writing, as well as a very complete metadata tag editing. Once you've used a combo as powerful and efficient as this, its hard to go without.

Beats the hell out of going into Windows, editing file and/or folder, then waiting a minute or two for Emby to update, then having to dive back in detail to re-update Emby. It's basically removing original item and creating a brand new one each time.

Anytime you modify media outside of your media manager, you risk losing info (played status/favorites/collection, etc

58b2d92f6adbd_1.png

To do what? You can just go rename the file or move it if that's what you want to do.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Correcting all kinds of small mistakes in either folder name or file name, or both, a year off, a non standard parenthesis, removing an extra empty space, or adding a missing one. My point is Emby already recognizes the path, why can't it manage it ? For people afraid of the additional power Emby would have, there could be a "are you sure you want...?" confirmation, and/or a master YES/NO setting "Let Emby edit file and folder names".

Again, MediaMonkey, a solid and respected music managing software, has always enjoyed file/folder write permission since day one, in effect cutting media editing time in half if not more. I figure if MM can do it, so should Emby.

Of course I can edit file and folder names outside of Emby, but it's longer, less efficient, with some risk of losing some custom metadata. In this forum, I often read about 3rd party tools for managing media collection, IMO it makes more sense if Emby is permitted to  "do it all" by itself.

Edited by jlr19

Maybe it can down the road, but that's more work than you realize. It has to work for dummies or we can't have it at all. That means it has to handle every possible failure and make sure users are properly informed about it. It means that if some changes will take time they have to be done in the background and we need to have a way to have the user informed about progress about that. And if that background process encounters a problem we need to make sure the user is informed about it rather than forgetting about, etc. So there's a lot that goes into it.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

I don't pretend to know how much under-the-hood work is involved, but I tend to believe nearly all Emby users hold above average computer skills and knowledge. But OK, you're telling me not to hold my breath, I get it. But I tried!