Anyone seen Fatal?

jordy

Has anyone seen @@fatal? Or does anyone know how to contact him. MetaBrowser sorely needs some TLC to fix the SortTitle issue currently affecting Next Up. He was last active on this forum in Sept 2015 so prob a lost cause. Still you never know :)

Edited by jordy

And what do you need?

The source code for that problem. Is it available somewhere on the internet?

Hey @@Sven, MetaBrowser has started to add the Sort Title to TV episode metadata sometime over the last two weeks. This is causing a problem in Emby such that Emby will use the Sort Title as the default sorting for TV Episodes if the field is populated. This renders the Episode number totally useless and makes an absolute mess of TV lists and the Next Up feature.

It's my belief that a Windows 10 Update has caused this issue with MetaBrowser and there is currently no way to circumvent it - there has not been a MetaBrowser update since early 2016 - in fact, Fatal is nowhere to be found and the requests for fixes and stuff are mounting up on the MetaBrowser website. I just thought that seeing as he is a member of our community there might be someone who knows how to get in touch with him. Probably a long shot...

As far as the code, I don't think Fatal has made it public as he charges a annual license fee.

Edited by jordy

I would just use emby metadata.

Yes Luke, I have now disabled MetaBrowser for TV shows, but i'm keeping it active for Movies because afaik Emby does not "manage" Movies, only TV shows and I have things set up just how I want them atm.  cheers

Tranquil

What do you mean with manage? What is missing in emby for movies?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Emby doesn't do file and folder renaming that I'm aware of. I could be wrong, and this would be a welcome feature.

that shouldn't prevent you from using Emby metadata though. you can use other renaming applications just for that purpose.

Emby doesn't do file and folder renaming that I'm aware of. I could be wrong, and this would be a welcome feature.

Yes, giving Emby the ability to monitor multiple source folders for different Movie types, then rename and move the files to a specified destination folder would make MetaBrowser obsolete.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Koleckai Silvestri

Yes Luke, I have now disabled MetaBrowser for TV shows, but i'm keeping it active for Movies because afaik Emby does not "manage" Movies, only TV shows and I have things set up just how I want them atm.  cheers

Emby manages my movies just fine. I add them to the library and Emby retrieves the Metadata.

Koleckai Silvestri

Yes, giving Emby the ability to monitor multiple source folders for different Movie types, then rename and move the files to a specified destination folder would make MetaBrowser obsolete.

Pretty sure there is a plugin to organize movies somewhere. I just use Window's File Explorer. Much easier to handle without mistakes.

Pretty sure there is a plugin to organize movies somewhere. I just use Window's File Explorer. Much easier to handle without mistakes.

Yes true. I could do it manually, but I've been spoilt by MetaBrowser for quite a few years and I like the way it works.

CBers

:ph34r: Radarr  :ph34r:

• Like 1

:ph34r: Radarr :ph34r:

Radarr? I use Donate Sonarr for TV EPS but didn't know anything about Radarr. That does Movies?

EDIT: Bloody auto-correct...

Edited by jordy

CBers

Radarr? I use Donate for TV EPS but didn't know anything about Radarr. That does Movies?

Yes.

May be too much for want you ant though.

@@CBers, Had a look at Radarr and it's very similar to Sonarr - a fork i believe. I'm very happy with Sonarr so i'll give it a shot. thanks

• Like 1

mastrmind11

@@CBers, Had a look at Radarr and it's very similar to Sonarr - a fork i believe. I'm very happy with Sonarr so i'll give it a shot. thanks

Radarr is awesome, and yes it's a fork.

Good day,

They are no better way to organized your media than to use the builtin metadata manger, in our case here, Emby doing great job, so no reasons to use third-party software.

Sure improvement/more options will be add to it, but for to make job well done, it already there.

This is personal view about not using other software, but true factor that Emby do not need it.

My best

• Like 1

Happy2Play

OT: :) But I have used MCM long before I every used Emby/MediaBrowser and still offers everything I need.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

OT: :) But I have used MCM long before I every used Emby/MediaBrowser and still offers everything I need.

True buddy, whom still using these software, this personal view and they now/used to what fit best.

I was one of them using third-party "fetching, organized, download, etc" for our media, like many software in the way past, used MCM and last one I used was by Fatal.

Now (actually since 2012) it only Emby :)

Good day,

Regarding Fatal, I see at his support forum, he been active last month, so I guess he still support his software, regarding this thread issue.

My best

Good day,

They are no better way to organized your media than to use the builtin metadata manger, in our case here, Emby doing great job, so no reasons to use third-party software.

Sure improvement/more options will be add to it, but for to make job well done, it already there.

This is personal view about not using other software, but true factor that Emby do not need it.

My best

Hey Abo, yes, Emby offers the capacity to automatically manage, move and rename TV episodes, but as yet it doesn't do any of that for Movies. I like my automation, so I'll stay with MetaBrowser for now, until Emby provides the complete package. Cheers

• Like 2