DVDFab 9 Converter problems

buddyweiser

buddyweiser

I'm wondering if anyone has this problem or can offer any advice. I'm using DVDFab to encode foreign-only subtitles onto MP4 video files for movies such as The Wolverine, Elysium, and Captain Phillips. Here is the problem: DVDFab supports CUDA GPU to encode/decode video, however when I select the option and start a task, the "Encoding fps" drops to 8, then less than 1fps. On Software encoding, it never goes over 30fps and takes sometimes 5 hours per movie. Could this be an issue with my GPU? I have searched multiple forums and cannot find a solution to this issue so I thought I would bring it here where my questions are pretty much always answered :D

Here is a shot of the settings screen.

post-963-0-02360100-1391526468_thumb.png

shaefurr

What gpu do you have? My i5 and 560ti never take over an hour and a half to rip a bluray using cuda

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

buddyweiser

My GPU is an ASUS GTX650 2GB 128-BIT (GTX650-E-2GD5) and my CPU is a Intel Pentium G3220 3.0Ghz

shaefurr

Try ripping to another format like mkv, I read the mp4 profile in dvdfab 9 has a bug, if it doesn't improve I can try dvdfab 8. You should definitely not be getting such low encode fps on that system

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

buddyweiser

Well, I kind of fixed this issue. I don't know if the Common Settings were messed up, but I did a fresh install and now am getting over 60fps on CUDA encoding. However, DVDFab won't let me choose 2-pass encoding, and instead I have to use "CRF". What exactly is the difference between these two, I've always heard that 2-pass resulted in higher quality.