Subtitles w/ "synced" movie copies

zigzagtshirt

zigzagtshirt

If I create a sync job to archive a movie in a lower bitrate, different audio codec, etc (either save it on local drive or on Google Drive), what happens to the subtitles in the movie?  The movie is .mkv container with internal subtitle tracks (not burned into the movie).

Would I be able to "burn" them into the synced copy through Emby sync?  If not, would I need to create an external subtitle file for it to be used with the synced copy?  Would I need to store it in both the synced location and the original location, or just the original location?

Thanks.

hi @, the subtitles will be synced, based on the subtitle preferences of the user who synced them. Let us know if this helps. thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
moryoav

This problem has existed for a very long time with Emby, unfortunately. If the subtitles are only fetched some time after the media content has been synced, then the subtitles are not synced. A major annoyance that could have been solved if the sync job would have looked for those kinds of changes. Searching the forum, I see people's complaints about this going years back...

• 7 months later...

@@moryoav that's definitely something we can add in a future update. thanks !

Any update on that? Seems like a relatively simple feature to add, which will solve a major annoyance.

I use Sickrage to download TV Shows, and subtitles are only downloaded after emby already synced the episode. The subtitles are then never synced...

• 6 months later...
moryoav

We still have not yet added it, sorry.

Any chance this could be given some development resources? It's a major annoyance to have subtitles that already exist on the master server but then I need to look for them again and re-download on a remote client that receives the synced copies. Thanks in advance...