Fanart disappears on Emby app

fonzie
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I'm having a strange problem that recently started occuring.  While on the main page, or any page for that matter, the fanart for every item appears correctly.  The problem is when I click on either a movie or a show to open its contents, the fanart stays for a second and then fades to black.  It's as if it were toggling through the extrafanart of that selection but all the images seem to be black.

This even happens on shows that have no extrafanart folder.  Not sure what the problem is.  Anyone have any ideas?

I'm usting the Emby app on my Nvidia Shield TV first gen.

Its a problem that was introduced by the device upgrading to Android 7.0.  We have it fixed in beta and I just released that version to production.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a problem that was introduced by the device upgrading to Android 7.0.  We have it fixed in beta and I just released that version to production.  Thanks.

I just purchased a Shield and am seeing above problem.

I installed Emby from the Google Play store but it must be an older version as the problem persists.

I can't seem to find setting to download Beta builds.

Edited by JDizzy

This fix was released to production and there is no active beta right now.

What version does your app show in the settings page?

Android v7

Shield v5.1

Emby v1.3.20g

Server v3.2.114 beta

Running server on Windows 10 machine

Seems like the place I really notice it is on the Now Playing music screen.

The artist image shows for a moment then fades to black screen, no backdrop, album art... nothing.. (but it still has text showing song, artist name, etc).

If I then go to 'Open Artist' from the Now Playing screen, once on the Artist screen, it shows backdrop, logo, albums... everything. So images are available, but just not displaying on the Now Playing screen.

Thanks

Edited by JDizzy

Android v7

Shield v5.1

Emby v1.3.20g

Server v3.2.114 beta

Running server on Windows 10 machine

Seems like the place I really notice it is on the Now Playing music screen.

The artist image shows for a moment then fades to black screen, no backdrop, album art... nothing.. (but it still has text showing song, artist name, etc).

If I then go to 'Open Artist' from the Now Playing screen, once on the Artist screen, it shows backdrop, logo, albums... everything. So images are available, but just not displaying on the Now Playing screen.

Thanks

Okay, this is a different area.  I'll have to check to be sure it isn't suffering the same image loading problem.  Thanks.

Okay, this is a different area.  I'll have to check to be sure it isn't suffering the same image loading problem.  Thanks.

Yeah, you have to wait until the music has been playing a while (until the backdrop goes to full screen), then it goes black (or looks like there is some sort of texture fallback screen showing rather than fanart).

Thanks for looking into it.

Did you get a chance to look into this?

I have tried everything on this end I could think of but still, the background images are flaky.

Thanks

Edited by JDizzy

Ok thanks...

I use Emby mainly for music so miss the backdrops greatly.

Will keep my eyes open for hopeful fix.

• 2 weeks later...