Startup Wizard

grangerdanger

grangerdanger

Hello,

I'm technologically challenged. I am trying to get emby up and running so I can connect my devices through Kodi. I got the server for Mac installed but nothing happens then. I see the tray up in the icon bar, but every time I attempt to go to the startup wizard, it fails. I've tried copy and pasting, typing it in, and selecting it from the drop-down menu of the tray. The wizard is not responding.

Any ideas?

Natilus13

Hi grangerdanger,

1. Is the account your are using an admin? If not then I would try using an admin account and see if you have the same result.

2. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? I find using an app like AppTrap is great when you are uninstalling something on OSX/macOS. This ensures that ALL files are removed when you trash a program. When you use one of these programs though you want to be careful. I would never recommend leaving them running all the time, just turn it on when you want to remove something and then turn it off again.

grangerdanger

Natilus13, 

This may sound really dumb, but how do I get an admin account? I now realize mine is not. I did try uninstaslling and reinstsalling multiple times with computer reboots.

Natilus13, 

This may sound really dumb, but how do I get an admin account? I now realize mine is not. I did try uninstaslling and reinstsalling multiple times with computer reboots.

@@grangerdanger, when you install the server it automatically creates an admin account for you. Does this help? Let us know. thanks !

grangerdanger

Not really. I downloaded the server, finished installation. When I attempt to open Emby.Server.Mac the tray appears in the menu bar and it attempts to open the startup wizard but fails every time. I get the message "Safari can't open the page "localhost:8096/web/wizardstart.html" because the server where this page is located isn't responding." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as quitting the program and rebooting. Still, nothing is opening the page. 

@@grangerdanger, can you please try this:

Open the Terminal Application

Type sudo nano /etc/hosts

Add the following to the end of the file (substitute COMPUTERNAME with your computer name):

127.0.0.1 COMPUTERNAME

Press ctrl+X then Y then return (to save added text).