#1 buddyweiser OFFLINE  

buddyweiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Local time: 03:13 AM
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

I have finally got a "Play" button now in my games section in Emby Theater with the extensive help of @crazybbs however, now I have discovered a new issue (I searched the forums and could not find any threads reporting this issue, so here goes). 

When using Emby Theater to launch a game, Theater minimizes, and the game launches. However, when playing the game, Theater is still reading the controller commands (it makes an audible 'bloop' with each button press, just as when navigating Theater)

If this is this a known issue, I apologize for double posting. If I simply have something setup incorrectly, can someone please help!

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146596 posts
  • Local time: 02:13 AM

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

What controller is this?

#3 buddyweiser OFFLINE  

buddyweiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:12 PM

@Luke It was a bluetooth snes game controller made by 8BITDO. Here is a link to the game maker

http://www.8bitdo.com/snes30/

I use an XboxOne controller to navigate Emby, and then I launched an SNES game from Theater and turned on the SNES controller.

#4 buddyweiser OFFLINE  

buddyweiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

Update, I tried using the same controller for retro gaming as I use for navigating emby, and I still end up with this issue. Emby always reads button presses when minimized as far as I can tell. Is there a fix for this @Luke

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146596 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

We'll look into it, thanks.

#6 frankmomma OFFLINE  

frankmomma

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 08:13 AM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:08 AM

I too am having the same issue.. only with a retrolink Genesis controller. No issue with my retrolink gamecube controller

#7 buddyweiser OFFLINE  

buddyweiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:47 AM

We'll look into it, thanks.

Has there been any progress into this issue? This effectively renders Emby theater useless as a front end game launcher...The only games I'm able to play (that is to say, i'm able to play them without Emby recognizing each button press from the background) are Gamecube and Wii games, and I'm assuming it has something to do with those two platforms using Dinput instead of xinput, and so I'm assuming Emby Theater doesn't recognize dinput?

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146596 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:14 PM

I'm pushing a fix, thanks.

• buddyweiser likes this

#9 Don Jon OFFLINE  

Don Jon

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 03:43 AM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

I use an Xbox One Controller and i'm having this same problem when playing games, emby keep getting input on background after the game is launched.
Is this fixed?

#10 cash84 OFFLINE  

cash84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Local time: 01:13 AM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

I was able to use the controller in retroarch and doesn't control emby in the background.

When I leave the game, emby pops back up and I don't get any control of emby with controller. I would have to use the keyboard to minimize it and back to full screen, the controller works again.

This is done on Xbox 360 controller and PS3 controller.

#11 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146596 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:38 AM

@cash84, are you sure Emby had focus when it popped back up? For example, do normal keyboard keys work? Thanks.

#12 cash84 OFFLINE  

cash84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Local time: 01:13 AM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

Yes, I was able to use the arrows and enter on the keyboard along with using the mouse.

#13 buddyweiser OFFLINE  

buddyweiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

@cash84, are you sure Emby had focus when it popped back up? For example, do normal keyboard keys work? Thanks.

Yes, I was able to use the arrows and enter on the keyboard along with using the mouse.

Sorry for the double post @Luke, I already posted on the other thread before I saw this...

@Luke I have just tested this, and there is still an issue. The controller does not control Emby Theater when the game is active. However, upon closing the game emulator (I have it setup when i press select while holding start on an XboxOne controller, it gives a key stroke of Alt+F4 to close the emulator), there are no controls using the gamepad. The keyboard works just fine. I have to actually minimize ET and maximize it again for ET to recognize gamepad controls. This is irritating because I use my xbox one gamepad for ET navigation as well. I am glad to do testing on this if you post back when you can look at it.

Edited by buddyweiser, 17 April 2017 - 09:11 PM.

#14 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146596 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

Ok, please try again with the next version of the app because the window management will have changed and that could have an effect on this. Thanks !

#15 buddyweiser OFFLINE  

buddyweiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

Ok, please try again with the next version of the app because the window management will have changed and that could have an effect on this. Thanks !

Luke, When will the next version of the app be released? On Github it looks like the last version was released almost 2 months ago.

#16 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146596 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:42 PM

This change is part of our web assets and already published. Can you try this test version here and see how that compares:

https://emby.media/c...eater-mpv-test/

Thanks !

#17 buddyweiser OFFLINE  

buddyweiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

This change is part of our web assets and already published. Can you try this test version here and see how that compares:

https://emby.media/c...eater-mpv-test/

Thanks !

Luke, I finally got time to get this version tested. Here are my findings.

- Upon launching this version as a portable, it did not recognize any button presses on my XB1 gamepad. 

- I found that if I minimize the window, and maximize it, it will then recognize the gamepad button presses and I can navigate ET.

- I setup Dolphin to launch in external players, and it launches fine when pressing Play in a gamecube game. However, when I close the emulator, ET does not remaximize.

- After manually maximizing ET, it does not recognize gamepad button presses. I turned the controller off, and back on, and I can then hear navigation beeps with each button press on the gamepad, but there is no focus in ET (ET makes sounds, but doesnt do anything)

@Luke if there are any other versions I can test, or anything you want me to try differently when testing, please let me know. 

#18 buddyweiser OFFLINE  

buddyweiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

Luke, I finally got time to get this version tested. Here are my findings.

- Upon launching this version as a portable, it did not recognize any button presses on my XB1 gamepad. 

- I found that if I minimize the window, and maximize it, it will then recognize the gamepad button presses and I can navigate ET.

- I setup Dolphin to launch in external players, and it launches fine when pressing Play in a gamecube game. However, when I close the emulator, ET does not remaximize.

- After manually maximizing ET, it does not recognize gamepad button presses. I turned the controller off, and back on, and I can then hear navigation beeps with each button press on the gamepad, but there is no focus in ET (ET makes sounds, but doesnt do anything)

@Luke if there are any other versions I can test, or anything you want me to try differently when testing, please let me know. 

@Luke this version has replaced the release version on my HTPC, and is now completely unusable without a keyboard to minimize ET, and maximize again. Is there going to be a fix for this soon?

#19 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146596 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Update to the latest version.

#20 buddyweiser OFFLINE  

buddyweiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:09 PM

Update to the latest version.

@Luke I updated to version 2.6.7 and still having this issue. Theater doesn't recognize gamepad input at all upon launch. I have to minimize and maximize, then click somewhere to put focus in theater. Should I make a new thread for this issue?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emulator, controller, gamebrowser, game, browser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users